Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
over the last couple days, my A/C has been throwing this error - soft & hard resets only allow it to work for a few mins before this message pops up again. i been cooking like a roasted turkey in this hot weather :mad: service appt tomorrow, but anybody else have this issue on their Refresh? i have a Plaid

Capture.JPG

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but here is a video clip (turn the sound on) where you can hear the noise my MCU makes constantly. It sounds like a fan or buzzing noise. AC is not on, and it will make this noise even as the car is rebooting. Does anyone else have this sound?

I couldn't get your sound to play, but that is likely from the fan on the temperature sensor, and not from the MCU at all. (The MCU is actually liquid cooled and mounted on the firewall under the dash.)

Very disappointed in my local Service Center for their lack of focus to correct the issues. First problem, you can't specify which Service Advisor you want. It's a round robin. So the one familiar with your issues, may not be involved when you return, say the parts on order.

I had 4 parts on order.
1. A seat, (fabric not properly secured)
2. Wireless charger Facia (scratch at delivery)
3. Cover under rear screen (doesn't stay up properly)
4. Driver side, rear 1/4 window to be replaced. Not installed properly, rubbing on FWD, so FWD could not be aligned.

Drop off car Tuesday morning, SA says all parts are in. Get a loaner, thank goodness.

End of day SA calls, everything is done.
I review invoice via App and see:
1. Seat adjusted for proper operation
2. Hazard indicator, no problem found
3. Rear screen cover secured
4. FWD doors aligned, sensor replaced.

I call SA and say, WTH? Why wasn't the seat changed, or the fascia replaced? Don't you have these parts? I said are you sure the cover under the screen is secure? And really, the FWD is good now? He calls me back when he is at the car. He now sees the bad seat fabric, and scratched Fascia and reopens ticket and tells me to give them 1 more day. Swears the cover is secure and doors are now perfect.

Texts me end of day 2, says all are done. I agree to pick up in morning.

At pick up....
1. New seat installed. Nice
2. Fascia replaced. Nice
3. Cover not secure, still hanging.
4. The 1/4 panel glass assembly not replaced, still scratched.

The SA who was helping me was off and SA2 caught the brunt of my anger. HE said the rear cover or the 1/4 glass were never ordered from my visit 2 weeks ago. Really.

Now I have to return when these parts come in. Visit 3 in 6 weeks of ownership.

In summary, 4 issues to be resolved. None resolved at first but caught when remote by reading the $0 invoice. Then 2 resolved and after 3 days now I have a future appointment for the other 2.

I told SA2, if the issues aren't fixed at next visit, I am invoking Lemon Law, that's the 3rd visit for same issue.

Very disappointed in my local Service Center for their lack of focus to correct the issues. First problem, you can't specify which Service Advisor you want. It's a round robin. So the one familiar with your issues, may not be involved when you return, say the parts on order.

I had 4 parts on order.
4. Driver side, rear 1/4 window to be replaced. Not installed properly, rubbing on FWD, so FWD could not be aligned.

Drop off car Tuesday morning, SA says all parts are in. Get a loaner, thank goodness.

I call SA and say, WTH? Why wasn't the seat changed, or the fascia replaced? Don't you have these parts? I said are you sure the cover under the screen is secure? And really, the FWD is good now? He calls me back when he is at the car. He now sees the bad seat fabric, and scratched Fascia and reopens ticket and tells me to give them 1 more day. Swears the cover is secure and doors are now perfect.

At pick up....
2. Fascia replaced. Nice

The SA who was helping me was off and SA2 caught the brunt of my anger. HE said the rear cover or the 1/4 glass were never ordered from my visit 2 weeks ago. Really.

In summary, 4 issues to be resolved. None resolved at first but caught when remote by reading the $0 invoice. Then 2 resolved and after 3 days now I have a future appointment for the other 2.

I told SA2, if the issues aren't fixed at next visit, I am invoking Lemon Law, that's the 3rd visit for same issue.
At least you are getting an appointment. Mine has been pushed back twice now. Which will make it 1.5 months since I scheduled. When I got my Model 3 in 2018 service was incredible. It was almost as good as the car. Times have really changed.

Reactions: golferguy

I had 4 parts on order.

At pick up....
2. Fascia replaced. Nice

Due to gps drifting issue, makes driving on fsd dangerous. I took the car in and they told me it’s software issue. It’s not. It’s hardware. I’m taking the car in again to get it fixed, if they do not getting it fixed properly I will invoking lemon law.

Reposting my other thread, which included the issues of my newly delivered Model X and my horrible Service Center experience:

I had 4 parts on order.

At pick up....
2. Fascia replaced. Nice

Updating my previous post. Went in for service to get items 3 and 4 done.

3. Rear bottom screen cover still not fixed, part did not come in.
4. Rear 1/4 glass assembly arrived and installed. FWD open and closing normally but.....the glass assembly is not flush with body frame and sticks out 1/4 inch higher than the body. At pickup service manager was gone and advisor took photos. He agreed it was done poorly. I now have yet another appointment at end of month to fix this and the cover above. So annoyed.

However, right front tire had slow leak from first 200 miles, now at 1500 miles they find a tiny nail between threads. They replaced ture at NC. They could have blamed me but did not. So I did not go ballistic on item 4. They get one more chance and then I have 4 repairs to go after them on Lemon Law.

• Informative
Reactions: BonB and KidsEyeDr
Updating my previous post. Went in for service to get items 3 and 4 done.

3. Rear bottom screen cover still not fixed, part did not come in.
4. Rear 1/4 glass assembly arrived and installed. FWD open and closing normally but.....the glass assembly is not flush with body frame and sticks out 1/4 inch higher than the body. At pickup service manager was gone and advisor took photos. He agreed it was done poorly. I now have yet another appointment at end of month to fix this and the cover above. So annoyed.

However, right front tire had slow leak from first 200 miles, now at 1500 miles they find a tiny nail between threads. They replaced ture at NC. They could have blamed me but did not. So I did not go ballistic on item 4. They get one more chance and then I have 4 repairs to go after them on Lemon Law.
I'm on visit four currently. Paint issues are finally being addressed. I found texting a couple days ahead of time has helped to get the right people on the issues. This time around my appointment was with the "paint guy" who knew exactly what needed to be done. He also saved a loaner for me. Hoping to have my car back on Friday in what should have been "as delivered" condition.

So I made an appt with Tesla via the app like a month and a half ago.... I was staying in our Tampa property for the summer.... mobile appt was set for Aug 11th. Even got a call from the tech to go over a few things and confirm..... Aug 10th I get an email from Tesla prepare for your September 2nd appt at the local service center.....Um what?

Go in to the app and sure enough my appointment was changed the day before it was supposed to happen..... I was driving back up to NJ on Aug 13th... Tried to get in touch with someone and was only able to via chat in the app... was basically told, tough. deal with it... No reason given as to why an appointment that had been set for almost 2 months was randomly cancelled the day before

Man if it wasn't for the fact that I really love the tech and performance of this car......

So sad to read this thread.
The construction workers picked up from the intersection in downtown LA have better customer service.
Tesla rose by innovation and will fall by lack of employee motivation. (took me a while to come up with those rhymes so please some appreciate)
Yep, I get it. I am sure Tesla would like to hire only the best, most motivated people they can find. but with unemployment at historic lows, the only folks left are the dregs. The bottom 3% if you will. With Tesla selling everything they can possibly build, new record numbers every quarter: “Push, let me introduce you to Shove.“

ok so I just picked up my car yesterday and today I found my FWD auto sensors is not working. Both fwd will open fully even there is an obstacle in the way. Has anyone experience this issue before..? How can I resolve this problem..? TIA
Please include some details, like describe the location and the interfering object. The main sensor is in the center of the roof, looking up. It does not see everything.

Please include some details, like describe the location and the interfering object. The main sensor is in the center of the roof, looking up. It does not see everything.
sorry here are more details regarding my problem:
FWD suppose to adjust its opening angle/stop when it detects obstacles during open/close process. Yesterday it was fine as FWD detect my ceiling correctly and lower its opening angle. But this afternoon I found both side FWD go fully open (all the way to the top) ignoring the ceiling. I even try to stand right next to the door to see if it detect me but FWD will still open anyway.
One more thing I noticed is that on driver seat door, it suppose to detect object and adjust its opening, now that is gone as well (e.g. door will go fully open regardless obstacle or not). To me it seems like a setting issue instead of individual component problem..?

One more thing I noticed is that on driver seat door, it suppose to detect object and adjust its opening, now that is gone as well (e.g. door will go fully open regardless obstacle or not). To me it seems like a setting issue instead of individual component problem..?
I'm pretty sure that the driver's door actually uses the FWD sensor. (Though I could be wrong on that.)

sorry here are more details regarding my problem:
FWD suppose to adjust its opening angle/stop when it detects obstacles during open/close process. Yesterday it was fine as FWD detect my ceiling correctly and lower its opening angle. But this afternoon I found both side FWD go fully open (all the way to the top) ignoring the ceiling. I even try to stand right next to the door to see if it detect me but FWD will still open anyway.
Did it actually hit the ceiling? There are no sensors in the front row doors. They take their cue from the sensors in the FWD. If the drivers side FWD is open, that sensor is not available for the driver door.

There is a height setting for the FWD in settings on the Locks page.

Last edited: