Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X shipping delay??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered my Model x back in July and got a production completed email on September 21st. Since then nothing has happened according to my tesla contact (DS is so overwhelmed that I am having to work with the retail store manager for delivery info) my vehicle has not moved since it finished production. I am curious if anyone else has seen this or had this kind of issue before? I would think tesla would be trying to push out as many vehicles as possible before month end so why is mine done and just sitting there for over two weeks? The store manager said maybe there was an issue that they found and are resolving but two weeks to resolve an issue? What could that be?

There is no benefit to Tesla to keep your vehicle any longer than they have to. In fact, it's in their best interest to exchange that vehicle for payment as quickly as possible.

While their communication has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 9 months, they still have more room to get better. There still is a communication void between end of production and arriving at destination. It's entirely possible that the vehicle is enroute. Otherwise, if they did find some issues, it's in your best interest to have them resolved at the factory, where their best engineers are located.

Let Tesla handle it, and be confident that they're doing everything they can to get it to you as quickly as they can. It's best to wait a few more days than get a flawed vehicle sooner.

There is no benefit to Tesla to keep your vehicle any longer than they have to. In fact, it's in their best interest to exchange that vehicle for payment as quickly as possible.

While their communication has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 9 months, they still have more room to get better. There still is a communication void between end of production and arriving at destination. It's entirely possible that the vehicle is enroute. Otherwise, if they did find some issues, it's in your best interest to have them resolved at the factory, where their best engineers are located.

Let Tesla handle it, and be confident that they're doing everything they can to get it to you as quickly as they can. It's best to wait a few more days than get a flawed vehicle sooner.

While I know you are correct it is very difficult to just sit back and wait without some kind of answer. I am located in Kansas and unfortunately the DS for my local service center is no longer working for tesla and the DS for St Louis is so overworked that I can't seem to get any response from him. I hope this process will go more smoothly in another year as I plan to replace my wife's ice with possibly another modelx. I really think the most frustrating part is just not knowing...I keep thinking well maybe it will just show up tomorrow or something but it definitely is looking like I will be an October delivery instead of September...this also complicates my financing as my approval expires before my vehicle will be delivered. I am considering switching over to a lease with all of the talk of future hardware updates etc...but I can't hardly get a response out of the finance department either...I suppose I just need to have patience and know that things will calm down after the end of this month. Thanks

Sorry to hear about that. I also ordered in July and just picked up on 9/24, but was taken back to fix the FWD 5min after delivery. I am surprised they couldn't get it delivered by months end. A lot of cars ordered in August were already delivered. Good luck though. I am guessing you will get it by early October if it's already finished production.

Sorry to hear about that. I also ordered in July and just picked up on 9/24, but was taken back to fix the FWD 5min after delivery. I am surprised they couldn't get it delivered by months end. A lot of cars ordered in August were already delivered. Good luck though. I am guessing you will get it by early October if it's already finished production.
I am sure part of it has to do with the fact that somehow after I placed my order July 23rd the DS that no longer works at tesla managed to switch my delivery request from soonest to December...which I only caught because after weeks I still hadn't seen a vin..so I had to start calling to find out what was happening and got it switched back to soonest delivery.