Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Sold and Learned from it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anxiety Ranger, this is the problem with the fan boys, they are not doing Tesla any favours, they are not addressing the issue, and any seasoned outsider, will immediately pick up on that.
Beating up on someone like that only warns other people not to post anything, which could be of value to some of us.

Last night had a minor fender bender and came to the forum to check on the best procedure on getting my repairs done before I started the process and this is the first post on my search of the forums. Now I have a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
i could start this thread over with the same title, but i would have sold my X just to get the newer one! :D

the fit and finish in a P100D MX loaner i had yesterday was significantly better than my MX (and it had 4600+miles!!)

my only complaint would be the AP2.0 hardware, that actually was better than i've experienced it in the past yesterday, (version 2017.34.xxxxx) but with some significant shortcomings still in comparison to AP1.0.

Last edited:
Hittman - Did you contact the Tesla support folks who chimed in...or, actually, did the person you sold your car to who then wrecked it do this?

The problem with the thread is that because it happened to someone else, all the information is hearsay and it is entirely possible this matter has been resolved, but we wouldn't know it, because this is not really Hittman's fish to fry. It the real concern is, what if it happens to me, then the best thing to do is not to look at a sample of one. The best thing is to look at as big a sample as possible and determine relative risk based on the largest possible sample. I think if it was extremely common for repairs to take 6 weeks or more, then we would have heard many many many more instances of this. Certainly, 6 weeks isn't an acceptable time frame, but, I've not seen evidence to suggest that typical repairs take that length of time or anything like it. It was pointed out above that there are other threads about this topic. I would surely be reading as many of those threads as I could if I was concerned about this.

Good news is, it is your money and decision. If a small risk of a long repair time after a major wreck is beyond your tolerance, maybe this isn't the best choice for you.

Reactions: FarmerDave