Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X spotted at the Dedham store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David29

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2015
DEDHAM, MA
I was at the lighting store in the parking lot behind the Tesla store in Dedham today, and noticed a Model X in the back lot of the Tesla store. It had one falcon wing door open, making me certain what it was. There was another vehicle of similar high profile parked next to it, under a cover, so my guess is that is a second Model X. The one I saw seemed to be black but I was not close enough to see the upholstery color or other details.
No idea if this is a customer car, a demonstrator or floor model, or what (and I did not go into the showroom to ask).

I was also rather startled to see how many Tesla Model S vehicles are on the property. There must be 40-50 or so. Obviously a mix of new cars awaiting delivery (saw several still in their travel wrap), demonstrators, customer cars in for service, and loaners. Plus cars at the Superchargers. Busy place!

All parking spots were full over the weekend. I assume they are deliveries.

I have been looking for an inventory vehicle and when I saw all of the cars in the lot I made the statement that at least some of those had to be inventory! Nope.....almost all deliveries. One of the "deliveries" was sitting there for at least 5 days. There are some people out there that are MUCH more patient than me (which isn't saying much, but....)!

I saw a Model X (titanium) in the shop at Dedham yesterday, presumably being prepped for delivery. Did not check the back lot this time. But evidently we will begin to see them in our local area...

I was at the Dedham store again today. A white Model X was just being unloaded from an enclosed transporter truck, and was quickly pulled into the shop. And there was also a black Model X in the shop, all cleaned up. I did not get a close look at either one, unfortunately. One of the service writers said there are "quite a few" of the Model X signature series destined for Dedham.

I stopped by the Dedham store this morning. I had never been before, so I wanted to check it out. Plus I was interested to see if there would be any Model X's to spot outside. Unfortunately no Model X's this morning :(

The Tesla rep did say that Model X's have been coming through for customer deliveries though.

I stopped by the Dedham store this morning. I had never been before, so I wanted to check it out. Plus I was interested to see if there would be any Model X's to spot outside. Unfortunately no Model X's this morning :(

The Tesla rep did say that Model X's have been coming through for customer deliveries though.

I stopped by the Dedham store again yesterday and saw a Titanium X in the parking lot with a service tag on it. It was a customer's car (registered in MA with an EV plate). I chatted with one of the sales guys. He said they have so far delivered about 6 through the Dedham store. (I have seen one black (or other dark color), one white, one signature red, and then this Titanium one.) The red and this one were in the front lot so I was able to get a close look at them, and enjoyed being able to get a look at the front seat portion of the interiors. I liked the look of what I saw. The second and third row seating areas are virtually invisible, however, because of heavy tinting of the glass.