TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model X spotted at the Dedham store

Discussion in 'New England' started by David29, Dec 21, 2015.

1. David29

David29 Member

I was at the lighting store in the parking lot behind the Tesla store in Dedham today, and noticed a Model X in the back lot of the Tesla store. It had one falcon wing door open, making me certain what it was. There was another vehicle of similar high profile parked next to it, under a cover, so my guess is that is a second Model X. The one I saw seemed to be black but I was not close enough to see the upholstery color or other details.
    No idea if this is a customer car, a demonstrator or floor model, or what (and I did not go into the showroom to ask).

I was also rather startled to see how many Tesla Model S vehicles are on the property. There must be 40-50 or so. Obviously a mix of new cars awaiting delivery (saw several still in their travel wrap), demonstrators, customer cars in for service, and loaners. Plus cars at the Superchargers. Busy place!

2. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

All parking spots were full over the weekend. I assume they are deliveries.

3. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

I have been looking for an inventory vehicle and when I saw all of the cars in the lot I made the statement that at least some of those had to be inventory! Nope.....almost all deliveries. One of the "deliveries" was sitting there for at least 5 days. There are some people out there that are MUCH more patient than me (which isn't saying much, but....)!

4. Jack_L

Jack_L Member

Had my MS in for service last week and the person doing pick-up/delivery of loaner said there was a huge year-end push for deliveries. Said they had not yet delivered the Founder X so that is likely one of the X's you saw.

5. David29

David29 Member

I saw a Model X (titanium) in the shop at Dedham yesterday, presumably being prepped for delivery. Did not check the back lot this time. But evidently we will begin to see them in our local area...

6. David29

David29 Member

I was at the Dedham store again today. A white Model X was just being unloaded from an enclosed transporter truck, and was quickly pulled into the shop. And there was also a black Model X in the shop, all cleaned up. I did not get a close look at either one, unfortunately. One of the service writers said there are "quite a few" of the Model X signature series destined for Dedham.

7. JRod0802

JRod0802 Member

I stopped by the Dedham store this morning. I had never been before, so I wanted to check it out. Plus I was interested to see if there would be any Model X's to spot outside. Unfortunately no Model X's this morning :(

The Tesla rep did say that Model X's have been coming through for customer deliveries though.

8. RedSoxFan18

RedSoxFan18 Member

There was an X there on Tuesday when I was to have a new key programmed. It was the only one I saw. The sales guys were lamenting the lack of a test drive X.

9. jeffreys

jeffreys Member

There will be a test drive X there for reservation holders February 26 - March 1st.

10. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Really? I haven't received anything about it, though I just got a first email from my DS informing me my car will be delivered in March. Will have to check it out.

11. jeffreys

jeffreys Member

12. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

It's only for "current reservation holders who have not yet configured their car", so it wouldn't accept my RSVP. Annoying.

13. Jack_L

Jack_L Member

All signed up for my test drive....gonna be a long month's wait....

14. David29

David29 Member

I stopped by the Dedham store again yesterday and saw a Titanium X in the parking lot with a service tag on it. It was a customer's car (registered in MA with an EV plate). I chatted with one of the sales guys. He said they have so far delivered about 6 through the Dedham store. (I have seen one black (or other dark color), one white, one signature red, and then this Titanium one.) The red and this one were in the front lot so I was able to get a close look at them, and enjoyed being able to get a look at the front seat portion of the interiors. I liked the look of what I saw. The second and third row seating areas are virtually invisible, however, because of heavy tinting of the glass.

15. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Anything going on in Watertown? Less foot traffic, more parking, maybe more deliveries waiting for fit and finish?

16. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

When I was there early this month they hadn't seen an X. All deliveries now go through Dedham and Wayertown is purely after-service.

17. David29

David29 Member

I see Model X at the Dedham store quite regularly now -- awaiting delivery, in the service area, or at one of the charging stalls.