TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X sunshade

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Doctt, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Doctt

Doctt Member

Last year, a lot of X owners complained about heat due to the huge windshield. Tesla started giving owners a custom sunshade. I believe they also give new owners the same sunshade during delivery.

Is this still the case today?

Thanks

2. 365gtb4

365gtb4 Member

Yes, my car came with the shade. 3/23/17 delivery

• Like x 1
  3. animorph

animorph Member

I got the sun shade with my 3/22 delivery.

4. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Same, on our 3/28 delivery.

Will probably never use it up here in the Pacific Northwest. The tint on the upper half of the pano windshield is pretty dark. Feels darker than the 2 test drive cars we had in December. Not sure if they darkened the tint on new windshields or if I'm just misremembering.

5. Doctt

Doctt Member

Thanks all for the quick reply