Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Booked my X Production yesterday. US P 5491. Now on for another 2 years wait and forum lurking/surfing :)
Nice! So while we wait, some quick math: that's 108 days since mine at #3,660 which means just a sliver under 17 per day every day, on average, US production model reservations.

and careful w that surf/lurk thing, it's addictive (at TMC anyway)! ML

Nice! So while we wait, some quick math: that's 108 days since mine at #3,660 which means just a sliver under 17 per day every day, on average, US production model reservations.

and careful w that surf/lurk thing, it's addictive (at TMC anyway)! ML

Correct. The pace seems to have picked up over the past few months, from 10 per day back in May up to the current 17 per day average. (A big bump in the last month where we saw 22 per day helped with that.)

I have started considering a Model X .... I really should wait and get Gen 3 ... but I really want the SUV and don't know if I can wait for the SUV on the Gen 3 platform. I think i will keep the money invested in TSLA until the wait to get a model X shrinks since I won't get one unless the stock blows past 200 substantially before then.

I have started considering a Model X .... I really should wait and get Gen 3 ... but I really want the SUV and don't know if I can wait for the SUV on the Gen 3 platform. I think i will keep the money invested in TSLA until the wait to get a model X shrinks since I won't get one unless the stock blows past 200 substantially before then.

You could always put the refundable deposit down now to get a place in line and move it to 'E' car if they announce the opening of the reservation list for it sooner than you thought. I know the 5K could make money in TSLA ...but, if it could be a long wait if you don't get on the reservation list.

I know ... that Is what I am worried about. If demand was not outstripping production so much I would wait for sure but I think they are getting close to being at a 40k a year running rate already and I am worried that the wait for X will get to be very long unless they announce they are adding another line soon. I will most likely put down 5k in the next month or so but I am trying to wait it out lol.

You could always put the refundable deposit down now to get a place in line and move it to 'E' car if they announce the opening of the reservation list for it sooner than you thought. I know the 5K could make money in TSLA ...but, if it could be a long wait if you don't get on the reservation list.
Yes, this is what I did....I put the reservation down to hold my place in line. Even if the stock price stays where it is now I think I will get it as I've done so well already off the stock/options and would consider it further investment research.
When I got one of the first Model S (VIN 4 thousand and something) in Feb, then after driving it a month or so it helped me to have the conviction to buy 10k of very cheap Sept 75 calls that can now pay off my house practically...not sure i would've had that conviction if I didn't own the Model S and experience how incredible of a product it was for a couple months first.
when I get the model X...it will help me determine if I should continue to hold the stock longer term at these high valuations I'm sure it will still have by then, or perhaps sell some stock to buy more options if the Model X is super incredible, or if it isn't that great it can help me decide to close out of my position and book my profits....maybe payoff my house and S and X by then.