Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great chart! Love the cancellation predictions too.

I think it would be cool to start estimating the production roll out / ramp up too. Obviously we won't know the date they're start to get released it but would be cool if we have a model to show when we thought certain reservation numbers would be reached. Ie, and these are terrible examples, 0-500 - Month 1, 501-2000 - Month 2, 2001-5000 - Month 3. Would give people a ball park of when they expect to get delivery based on the actual begin of deliveries.
Here is an earlier attempt at that for North America. A few things need updating but I hadn't have the time yet to analyze the D ramp. Also now need to limit it to USA first, with the global rollout.

Model X Estimated Wait Times for North America

Thanks for reminding us of that. So around 2000 shipped by now... I'd say you called it back then, Your Royal Highness...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, reading that thread again... did you see the moronic predictions in this post? What an utter idiot. That guy actually claimed (a year ago to the day) that production Model X wouldn't ship until LATE 2015 -- what a fool! I hope he got kicked out of this forum. Well, I guess he partly redeemed himself by agreeing with the majority opinion that the Founders cars would ship in 2014 (but then claimed the Sigs wouldn't arrive before late H1 / 2015...) still... what a lunatic...

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding us of that. So around 2000 shipped by now... I'd say you called it back then, Your Royal Highness...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, reading that thread again... did you see the moronic predictions in this post? What an utter idiot. That guy actually claimed (a year ago to the day) that production Model X wouldn't ship until LATE 2015 -- what a fool! I hope he got kicked out of this forum. Well, I guess he partly redeemed himself by agreeing with the majority opinion that the Founders cars would ship in 2014 (but then claimed the Sigs would arrive before late H1 / 2015...) still... what a lunatic...

Haha, great call! Too bad we couldn't make bets. Looks like I'm on target for the residential battery program predictions from two months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an earlier attempt at that for North America. A few things need updating but I hadn't have the time yet to analyze the D ramp. Also now need to limit it to USA first, with the global rollout.

Model X Estimated Wait Times for North America

Perfect. Just need to push back the months, but this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I have started adding valium to my wife's morning OJ as my tactic to try to get her to give up her SUV when the X comes out. I wish I could go all EV but the X will have to be able to tow a minimum of 6.5K horse trailer to enable us to part with our Tundra. That would be excellent as the X could then replace two ICEs.

Just test drove the new 70D today. It's been a while since my last Tesla test drive. Very impressive, and I like the new price-point... $75K (if you resist checking all the upgrades) for a dual-motor with enough range for my needs, minus ~$14K fed and state tax credits puts it square with gas driven lux competitors.

I think for me, the S is a no-go with two fairly large dogs. Hoping the X is more dog friendly, really don't give a crap about third row seats.

Yes, it's been a very long time since I put in my X reservation (#852 US), but fortunately the relatively minor amount of tesla stock I purchased the same day as the reservation should cover the lion's share of a new X.

I should be in the pretty early stages of post-signature US deliveries. Is August overly optimistic?

Last edited:
Just test drove the new 70D today. It's been a while since my last Tesla test drive. Very impressive, and I like the new price-point... $75K (if you resist checking all the upgrades) for a dual-motor with enough range for my needs, minus ~$14K fed and state tax credits puts it square with gas driven lux competitors.

I think for me, the S is a no-go with two fairly large dogs. Hoping the X is more dog friendly, really don't give a crap about third row seats.

Yes, it's been a very long time since I put in my X reservation (#852 US), but fortunately the relatively minor amount of tesla stock I purchased the same day as the reservation should cover the lion's share of a new X.

I should be in the pretty early stages of post-signature US deliveries. Is August overly optimistic?
FWIW, I've found two people up front + two dogs in back is fine. We have something like this that we put down in back: Kurgo Allagash Car Hammock - REI.com

More than two people + two dogs would be tight unless they are happy in back without the parcel shelf. If space is your top priority by all means wait for the X, just wanted to voice it is very doable in the S if you otherwise prefer that form factor.

Reservation number: 16935 | Date: 4/20/2015 | Region: San Diego, CA
I may change to a 70D depending on how I like/dislike the Model X on reveal.

Reservation number: 17138 (General Production) | Date: 4/30/2015 | Region: Denver, CO, USA
Like SSQ, I may change to a 70D depending on how I like/dislike the Model X on reveal. :smile:

Last edited: