Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why the X

Ok, how about some reason I should do this.

Because it's a cool car, free fuel, and because you only live once. Live it with GUSTO! I had the same thoughts, currently lease a Volt and own an '08 Highlander Hybrid. I'm hoping the X will have some towing capability so I can replace the Highlander. The Volt lease runs out in 5 months, so I'll have to decide if to replace it and with which vehicle? A Model S and an X? Is there a discount if you buy one of each? ;-)
:love:

I had a laugh this week. We recently had our 2nd child, and yesterday my wife sat in the back of our Prius V in-between two child seats for the first time. She immediately asked when the X is coming and said that she should have let me put us on the list earlier than she did (mid-Feb). :)

Model X reservation page on teslamotors.com now reads reserve now for Fall 2015 delivery....hope that means I get mine by my August birthday next year...:rolleyes:

Interesting question...if this is mostly predicated on current reservations (estimated), and there are currently 15,000 reservations globally (12,000 N. America), wouldn't that mean that Tesla could deliver 25-30,000 Model X's in 2015? Put that with 45-50,000 Model S sales and what do you get?

bippity, boppety boo.

Last edited:
Good catch there, B. I guess that must have changed very recently. Seems like the font shrank a lot too (?) It means somebody is paying attention BUT it makes me wonder if they are projecting out actual schedules and ramp up and calendar dates OR did someone just say, "whew, that's a lot of reservations, better go change the website to 'fall'."
Just sayin' :wink:
If it's the first one, that's news because like you say, 15,000 reserved, fall equinox is the last day of summer. . . . Do the numbers. I'd give it a try, but I just took some NyQuil and will not . . . be able . . . (sounds of snoring)
see you mañana.

Last edited:
If you look at Model S production today, the main bottle neck seems to be getting panasonic to make enough cells to keep up with Tesla production.

Now think about when the Model X gets into full production, will panasonic be able to keep up with demand ?

Not all X reservations will turn into sales, but still.....

Model X reservation page on teslamotors.com now reads reserve now for Fall 2015 delivery....hope that means I get mine by my August birthday next year...:rolleyes:

Interesting question...if this is mostly predicated on current reservations (estimated), and there are currently 15,000 reservations globally (12,000 N. America), wouldn't that mean that Tesla could deliver 25-30,000 Model X's in 2015? Put that with 45-50,000 Model S sales and what do you get?
Do we know when the date changed to Summer 2015 delivery? What was the NA reservation count then?

bippity, boppety boo.

Quotes from analysts and company agreement stated that with the two assembly lines, 1000/wk is possible combined. The grand total is most likely 50,000 give or take a few thousand. Model X production in 2015 will "probably" be in the 18-20K range with the remainder Model S unless MS sales wane and desires switch to Model X. If more than 500/wk from Q2 through Q4 occur, that is over 17K. The highest value reservation number is only an indication of orders placed. It doesn't take into account any gaps or cancellations which I'm sure have been a few for people switching back to Model S. And also some people here stated they wanted to reserve two Model X choices - the Signature and the Production. That way, they can get pricing, options and paint color choices and choose from the two while standing in line. Sure, most people will be going through with their reservation. But pricing has not been set yet and some negative-swaying analysts are saying that some end-of-quarter Model X orders may have been placed to help pump up the reservations for the earnings documents.

Regarding delivery promises and dates... People in Hong Kong were told deliveries for the S were to be sometime in 2013 - now coming in July or later 2014. People at the X opening reservation date week in early February 2012 were told late 2013 for Model X.

Strange..
The latest post I can see on Norwegian forum is Sig #330 at 2014-05-15. I suspect EU Sig res #422 is wrong.
By the way on Norwegian Tesla site it still says "Estmated delivery summer 2015 for new reservations"