Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tires - Replacement Miles

At How many miles did you replace MX Tires

• 20K miles

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • 25K miles

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • 30K miles

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • 30 - 35K miles

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • 35 - 40K miles

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • 40 - 45k miles

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • 45 - 50k miles

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 50 - 55k miles

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 55 - 60k miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60 - 65k miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 65k miles

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The majority, 34.3%, replaced the tires at or under 20K miles, 22.9% at 25K miles, and 20% replaced them at 30-35K.

20k is pretty low. Is it because of the staggered tire setup? Tesla's high torque?

I had a 996 turbo that also had a staggered tire setup, and those tires did not last very long. Lucky to get 15k miles IIRC. Gets pricey real quick.

How long are the tires on the Model 3 lasting?

20k is pretty low. Is it because of the staggered tire setup? Tesla's high torque?

I had a 996 turbo that also had a staggered tire setup, and those tires did not last very long. Lucky to get 15k miles IIRC. Gets pricey real quick.

How long are the tires on the Model 3 lasting?
I got about 35k out of my original set of OEM 18” Michelins. They could’ve gone longer but I took it on a lot biz trips and wanted to be safe in the rain.

• Informative
Reactions: docboy
I got about 35k out of my original set of OEM 18” Michelins. They could’ve gone longer but I took it on a lot biz trips and wanted to be safe in the rain.

Huh, thought Tesla used only Conti's, I guess not! Do you find any difference in noise between the Conti's and Michelin? It's so loud in my cabin with the Conti's, but I guess MX generally has had higher noise than some other cars.

How’s the road noise and ride compared to the Contis?
Good question and something I was concerned about in advance. It is somewhat of a hard comparison because it requires driving on the same roads under the same conditions, same speed, etc. What I did was to try and rule out as many variables as possible by driving of 3-4 different road conditions while recording the noise readings on my phone app. I did it before the tires were replaced and later that afternoon after the tires were replaced. I noticed hardly any difference (DB reading) before and after, yet another variable is that the original tires were close to legal whereas the new ones obviously have more tread. Ok, it isn't a great scientific comparison but close enough for my purposes.

I drive across the state line into California (I live close) because frankly speaking, the roads are terribly noisy there. As soon as crossing the state line, the noise increased by more than triple no matter what tires are on the car :rolleyes:
So for me, I didn't notice much difference, yet I have heard some people say that some of the Pirelli tires are more loud than others.

• Informative
Reactions: LoveMX
Very disappointed in my Continental tires-will replace them at 25K-and we are not hard on our tires. I understand that they have a sound-deadening foam inside to decrease noise.
Does anyone have any recommendations for replacements that also have sound deadening properties and that are high quality?

I had to replace two tires at 17k miles due to excessive wear on sides of tire (one was worn down to metal and tire “blew” out”). Your poll only goes down to 20k miles.

My vehicle had 16.5k at the time of purchase and 3 of the 4 tires were shot (20" Continentals). The middle tread were fine, but the outside edge of each tire was bald. I had purchased a used set of 22" turbines that had Goodyear Eagles on them that were also worn in similar fashion with front more worn than rear.

This reminds me, I probably need to get the wheels aligned. Do I have to get this done at Tesla or can I get it done at any America's Tires?

My vehicle had 16.5k at the time of purchase and 3 of the 4 tires were shot (20" Continentals). The middle tread were fine, but the outside edge of each tire was bald. I had purchased a used set of 22" turbines that had Goodyear Eagles on them that were also worn in similar fashion with front more worn than rear.

This reminds me, I probably need to get the wheels aligned. Do I have to get this done at Tesla or can I get it done at any America's Tires?

Best to do it at Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: njhtran
First set, 13k; 2nd set 15k. I do replace tires between 3 and 4/32nds, once the wet performance begins to significantly degrade. Tire life is going to depend heavily on how you drive and on the performance level of the tire. Model X is actually slightly longer life from the tires than either my BMW X5M or X6M, which is no surprise since they are similar weight and power.

I just can't resist that ludicrous acceleration and that eats the tires up. I run always low and the tires have all worn evenly from edge to edge.

Massive inner wear would be bad toe, bald out and inner edge is under inflation, bald middle would be over inflation. Properly aligned, low shouldn't cause excessive wear, since the negative camber is standard for almost any performance vehicle.

No idea, since our 9 month old X has only 7k miles (shelter in place and all that). That being said, I'm not expecting miracles. Tesla are heavy (especially the X) and torque is amazing. On my AWD LR model 3, the rear tires lasted only 12k miles. Per Tesla, my driving may have been a tad enthusiastic. :)