Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Unveil When??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autoblog is saying the Model X will be at the Detroit Auto Show beginning January 10th.

I would expect then that they would unveil the Model X (and the Inter-City Charging Network) the week of December 12th.

My assumption is that Tesla does not want to announce the Model X while people are away on Christmas Vacation and since they're a public company they generally will be in their "quiet period" the last two weeks of the quarter.

All the tour guides in the factory where from Tesla stores all over. They came in the day before to get schooled on their routines. They has special red/white shirts while it looked like the locals were in gray.

Yes...that was me...we were in Santana Row last weekend and the rep mentioned to us that December 13 was the day for the big reveal of the Model X...He didn't have any other information regarding deposits on it, but he was fairly confident that current Roadster owners/Model S reservation holders would have "priority". Timing works well for us...Husband will get Model S next summer/fall, and I can get the Model X by early 2014 (when Lincoln MKT goes off lease)...

HEARSAY ALERT!

There's a post on the Tesla boards from someone who was told by a Tesla rep that the Model X will be announced on Dec. 13.

Thanks John (or DeDe :smile:), that's good to hear, and even if not 100% accurate, it's lining up with other rumblings and predictions. That's exactly 1 month from today, so not much further to go. I still wonder *how* the reveal will be done.

Since this lines up with what I was told about the Tesla investment bankers having a little shindig at the NYC store, I wonder if it still holds that the unveil will be there. It would certainly fit the definition of "exclusive".

Model X Unveil Tomorrow??

Hi all, I remember reading somewhere here that the Model X will be unveiled tomorrow, December 13. If it is not tomorrow, the reveal is going to be this month if
I am not wrong. Please correct me if i am. I cannot stand the suspense! I am really excited to see what the design will be like and get at least some rough specs and prices. I am very confident in TM to make great looking functional cars. I would imagine the X will have the same or similar 17" touchscreen as the S. I expect most if not all their future cars will have the touchscreen. Thoughts? The X will be replacing my range rover assuming TM starts deliveries by late 2013/early 2014. By then I will have the Model S , Model X, and a BMW wagon (for long trips). Hopefully after that TM will have a >500 range car or replacement battery for the S or the X...

Indeed, but again, if it's to be an exclusive unveil at first, it makes sense. I'm sure everyone who has been invited to NY already knows (whether or not that's tomorrow and/or the reveal point). I'd like to see the X but I'm hoping they do some sort of public announcement as well as its more likely we'd get S pricing options then as well.