Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X values when the Y comes out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P3d, - well okay. I like my S, and don't want a X, 3 or Y. So, let's not buy one.

Yea I like the S also. I don't understand the logic of these threads. Tesla did not invent the SUV or the car or the truck. If you always needed or wanted an SUV we all could have always purchased one. Why did you buy a 3 or S then?

I wanted a car so I got a car. I'm not trading in my 3 for a pickup or wagon. I would've already had an F250 or a crossover. Did everyone previously go to a Ford dealer and say I want to look at a mustang and an f250 and a van? The dealership would have laughed at you.

I’ve sat in the Y and it’s not close to an X in mission flexibility, seating, pizazz.

The Y is a 3 and S killer.

A potential Model X replacement for me is the Cybertruck.

That’s a 6 seater with cargo room.

Other than the one person in this thread Tesla wishes they made the Model Y first.

Model 3 should have been the second mass produced car that targeted the sub 30K market.

7 seat Y will have more functional third row than the S but not that much better.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Saying the Y is a 3 killer is like saying everyone buys the Civic hatchback and it killed the civic. There is a significant amount of people that think the hatchbacks are ugly and they don't need the big door in the back or higher roof line so they don't buy them.

I know people in the Tesla group think Tesla is the only car company but nobody bought a 3 when they really needed a 7 seater or a pickup.

The model x and model S sales are similar. The x did not kill the s. It just provided a car for the people that needed a minivan and liked the look. I think if the x looked like a real SUV it would have been a huge seller. It's looks are very subjective. Nearly everyone that talks to me about my car tells me the x us ugly but the people that bought obviously don't think so. I think the Y is going to be the same way except it provides nothing significantly extra for most in seating.

X has some differentiators that will help it to maintain good resale.

Aluminum chassis, automated power doors, panorama windshield, 5,000 lb. towing capacity, larger capacity, air suspension, exotic and useful Falcon Wing doors.

The Model Y will have a much better value proposition, but the X has gravitas.

Also do not think the Model Y will reduce Model 3 resale prices either. It, however, will bring additional 3's to the marketplace as owners decide the Model Y is more useful to them.

Model X new pricing has already gone significantly down and increased value as well with the new RAVEN upgrades.

Believe Model Y will bring in a tremendous number of new buyers that find the smaller size Ute compelling.

At one time I thought Tesla would need another model between the Y and the X, but from what we now see of the Model Y, I'm not sure that's needed as it is closer in size to the X than I originally expected.

Unlike the situation on the S, where some people were buying to lower spec'ed S and swapped to the 3 once available, I think there's a lot less people buying X who'd want to switch to the Y. So presumably some impact on the X, but not that great.

The X does have some significant advantages over the Y, and if you need any of those and you can afford it, you'll still be going for the X.

At one time I thought Tesla would need another model between the Y and the X, but from what we now see of the Model Y, I'm not sure that's needed as it is closer in size to the X than I originally expected.

Unlike the situation on the S, where some people were buying to lower spec'ed S and swapped to the 3 once available, I think there's a lot less people buying X who'd want to switch to the Y. So presumably some impact on the X, but not that great.

The X does have some significant advantages over the Y, and if you need any of those and you can afford it, you'll still be going for the X.

The X has a lot more to offer than the y if you ask me

I think they target different buyers.
I totally disagree with the y to 3 theories. I hate the Y it's hideous. I wouldn't have a Tesla if I only had the choice of a Y. I have no kids and no use for a station wagon so I just want a sporty car.

I also dislike the x it's a minivan to me.

A minivan that can go 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.

I think they target different buyers.

A minivan that can go 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.

It's the best and coolest minivan I agree with that. I don't really know when station wagons and minivans all became SUVs but it happened. Nothing wrong with minivans they are the best for room and transporting people. Tesla should just call the X a minivan the Y a hatchback then come out with a real SUV based on the Cybertruck.

The Tesla Model X Is The Best Minivan $150,000 Can Buy

Is the Tesla Model X a Minivan for Millennials? | Best Used Minivan Guide

• Funny