Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X VIN Received!! Day 1 accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Am told my Model X 90D will be ready in 2 weeks from my DS and got my VIN 12120.
Question I have for all current Model X owners is was there a list of items you purchased right away for your model x?
I am going to get a bike rack, potentially looking for front license plate holder that doesn't require drilling (anyone receive delivery in Vancouver BC and if so did tesla drill in a license plate holder right into the vehicle?).

I am not sure what everyone is buying for internal accessories as I heard some horror stories with the center console.

Your advice is appreciated.

Alfred

Hi all,

Am told my Model X 90D will be ready in 2 weeks from my DS and got my VIN 12120.
Question I have for all current Model X owners is was there a list of items you purchased right away for your model x?
I am going to get a bike rack, potentially looking for front license plate holder that doesn't require drilling (anyone receive delivery in Vancouver BC and if so did tesla drill in a license plate holder right into the vehicle?).

I am not sure what everyone is buying for internal accessories as I heard some horror stories with the center console.

Your advice is appreciated.

Alfred

My delivery is still a little bit ahead. The four things I've bought so far are a 14-50 extension cord, the CHAdeMO adapter, a DashCam, and the complete set of fitted sun blocking window inserts. I was contemplating the deep pile carpeted mats, but I think I'm going to wait until I have the car to make up my mind with mats

The other thing I'm thinking hard about is getting it wrapped with protective film right away. I've never wrapped a car before, but I've read good things about it, and this cars a little on the expensive side...

My delivery is still a little bit ahead. The four things I've bought so far are a 14-50 extension cord, the CHAdeMO adapter, a DashCam, and the complete set of fitted sun blocking window inserts. I was contemplating the deep pile carpeted mats, but I think I'm going to wait until I have the car to make up my mind with mats

The other thing I'm thinking hard about is getting it wrapped with protective film right away. I've never wrapped a car before, but I've read good things about it, and this cars a little on the expensive side...

Which dash cam did you get?

Which dash cam did you get?

The accepted choice of the forum is the Blackvue 650. I gave it some thought, but I decided to go my own way for the moment - something which will be a little less obvious, is a lot cheaper, and claims fairly similar specs - an AUTOVOX M2.

It fits over the top of the OEM mirror, and has both the front camera and the display integrated into the body. We'll see how it works out - I may end up buying a BlackVue later on instead.

The accepted choice of the forum is the Blackvue 650. I gave it some thought, but I decided to go my own way for the moment - something which will be a little less obvious, is a lot cheaper, and claims fairly similar specs - an AUTOVOX M2.

It fits over the top of the OEM mirror, and has both the front camera and the display integrated into the body. We'll see how it works out - I may end up buying a BlackVue later on instead.

Ok thanks for responding. I'll check it out.

Reactions: cheekychappie
If you want a step up from Lloyd's

Custom Floor Mats for Model X – For My Tesla

20160613_141649 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: cheekychappie
I'm not an expert in floor mats. Aside from the fancy custom embroidery, what makes these mats better?
That would be the #1 thing. But they are plusher by far than the OEM ones. And the contrasting trim if you like that. Plus these mats are spiked rubber lined on the bottom so they act as all weather mats too if you dump coffee on them for example.