Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X vs Lucid Air Touring?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upvote 0
You think waiting for an X is painful? Try waiting for any Lucid. It will be 3 years, if ever.

SEC is investigating them now. They've delivered a few dozen hand made cars, of the original production run planned at 520. Keep that in mind.

• Informative
Reactions: jboy210
Upvote 0
Ordered Lucid Grand Touring today. Still have the MX w Feb sched delivery. So, I think I'll try to synch around June-July before I decide which to take delivery on. If I get MX Feb delivery notice, I think I'll get out of line & go to end of line. Anyone know if Tesla increases price if you do not accept delivery?

Upvote 0
I happened to stop into the Lucid Studio in San Jose yesterday. Very helpful sales person assured me that reserving now means a car by end of the year. Also locks in 3 years of free Electrify America charging FWIW. Of course it depends on which trim level you order I'm sure. And if they sort out their production etc issues.

I will say it is an impressive car; the user interaction is a mix of screens and real buttons! and a real steering wheel :) I noted that some features Tesla has hidden away in V11 were front and center in the Air (one tap heated seats, defrost, stuff like that) and also they support Apple CarPlay, admittedly a personal choice for how much it matters. The luxury options are more than we'd ever select but heated + cooled + massaging seats did sound tempting for some long trips. I will say I really appreciated the more conventional layout of a screen for car information (a real dashboard) distinct from media controls and maps. S and X have that, 3 does not of course.

Interesting to compare to an X though as it's quite not an SUV but more a Model S competitor? just shy 1 inch in length and a couple in width per the same sales advisor. He was happy to tell me the coefficient of drag is the lowest of any production car.

The storage front and rear seems quite large, with each 'trunk' having an additional under floor space as well.

I hope they are successful as more choice is better and I hope that means a car more of the size of a Model 3 might be in the future.

Upvote 0
I was in the Lucid store in Vancouver today. Very nice and helpful sales person. Sat in the car and it really impressed me. Tried out the massage feature of the seats and it was really nice. Great screens too.

When I went back to my Model X though, I thought:” Wow, this is nice too and these screens are also great!” No need whatsoever to trade the Model X in for a Lucid.

Upvote 0