Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Xmas show issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ive probably played the show about 8 times since last year when it came out. The last time was about two weeks ago without a problem. Then now when I activate it, it makes the two loud thumps in starting to play music and stops. The falcon doors don’t even open. I’m in 2017.46 anyone else have this issue? I’ve rebooted the center screen and down a power shutdown and no change.

Thanks Bonnie (a voice from the past :) ) I tried on places where it previously worked and even moved to differing positions for obstructions and flatness. Same issue. BTW at the car show the X 20 feet away was able to continue, and I was not.

Thanks Bonnie (a voice from the past :) ) I tried on places where it previously worked and even moved to differing positions for obstructions and flatness. Same issue. BTW at the car show the X 20 feet away was able to continue, and I was not.
I'd mention it to the service center - could be an early indicator of sensors needing adjustment. Or not. (There's a reason I don't work in service. :) )

• Funny
Reactions: vandacca
Thanks again. @bonnie. BTW, I just noticed you have a Founders P100D. I recall when you got your Founders P90D. I didn't know there was a Founders P100D. Did you get the battery upgrade? Is your new white Founders Roadster on order? lol
The first one was a Signature series -- which I sold when I learned I could get a Founders. I think I have the only Founders X with a P100D battery, fold flat seats, AP2.0 hardware, ventilated seating. I waited pretty long to order it, so all the updates were already on it.

And I qualified for a discounted Roadster thru the referral program :). I don't think I'll order white. But I might!

All is better. I tested today in the drive way. It worked perfectly. I have to admit there were variables to the location, so I can't say the reset was the sole issue. Just glad its is working --- boom, boom, windows down, lights flash and so on. GREAT!

There is one other thing I learned previously. Open the FWDs. If they do not open completely, and there is no visible obstruction, open the doors manually to the full position and select "open full in this location". Try again. For some reason, or as Bonnie pointed out, over sensitivity, you may have to override the phantom obstruction. Thanks all for the suggestions.

When it stops like this it's because it thinks there's not enough room. If you know there is enough room, you can drive the car around the block and park it again and try again. It'll usually work. It just had a "ghost" sensor reading that made it think there wasn't enough room.

What happens is the car has a memory of obstacles that it sensed. It doesn't always show you those obstacles onscreen, but it'll react to them. If you've ever seen your FWD open in "shy" mode when the car parked closely next to you has since driven away (empty spot next to you now), you know what I'm talking about. This is also what causes low FWD opening when there's nothing visible above the car -- if the car thinks you drove under something low recently, that height will "stick" until the car drives enough away from that spot.

What "open full in this location" does is to disable the overhead sensor memory. Thus, instead of remembering that you crossed under a low height opening and then opening low even if now you're in a basketball gym, it will ignore what it recently saw and open them only relying on the live sensor readings at the time.

Model X plays it safe

I ran the show today with some wind. The passenger door opened and stayed open, but the driver door closed during the show. I had to physically close the passenger door afterward. Also, the driver side FWD window didn’t go back up.

Any ideas why the car didn’t completely reset? I’m doing this again at a big family party later today.

Mine didn't want to work yesterday but in all fairness I was too close. I then moved it but it still didn't want to work. Like the OP said, a couple of thumps of the radio... Then I drove it around the block and back home and tried it again... and it worked. Today I played it and the windows didn't go automatically go back up after the show.

I did the show again tonight, and afterwards I had to roll up all the windows. I’m still on 2017.44.

I recall the first time I did this on .36, all the windows rolled up at the end but the mirrors stopped retracting afterwards.