Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 82kW Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i had posted this earlier

1. Must be in latest 2021.24 software
  2. Go to Car - Software - Hold down Trim
  3. Type in ‘Dynotest’
  4. Under CFG read “Pack Size”
I bought my MY LR AWD 5 seat in March 31 2021, born March 16, 2021 and it reads 74kwh

Can everyone check and report back:
  • Car model and trim
  • Performance or 7 seater
  • Born date
  • Pack Size
Most of the confirmed 82 kWh packs through ScanMyTesla are in cars produced since May 2021. This means most of them are vision-only MYs. Currently vision cars are stuck with 2021.4.21.3, with very, very small percentage on 2021.32.5. So it is rare to see a 82 kWh pack in Dynotest on 2021.24 .

Thanks for explaining dynomode, good stuff! Here is my data point from it:
MY LR 7 seat
Born May 17 2021
VIN 148xxx
Full pack energy: 78 kWh
Max energy: 74 kWh

dynomode aside, I have 327 miles displayed range.
questionn For those of you who have the 82 kWh pack; what happened to the extra miles? Assuming your cars don’t show 82/75*326=356 miles?

MY LR 7 seat
Born May 17 2021
VIN 148xxx

questionn For those of you who have the 82 kWh pack; what happened to the extra miles? Assuming your cars don’t show 82/75*326=356 miles?
Was your Model Y charged to 100% when you use Dyno mode to obtain the Max energy?

Rumor has it Performance Y (which i have) has slightly different motor(s) than Long Range...
Or just a software tweak (but Tesla would never do that) to eliminate some of the miles..

MY LR 7 seat
Born May 17 2021
VIN 148xxx

Reactions: Olle
How was yours born 5/17/21 with a much lower VIN than mine (born 4/15/21)? Where did you get the birthdate from?
FYI, it is on the dynotest first screen.
Z2ZhAFl.jpg

Rumor has it Performance Y (which i have) has slightly different motor(s) than Long Range...
Or just a software tweak (but Tesla would never do that) to eliminate some of the miles..
Software tweak sounds possible. What do different motors in p/non p have to do with it? The question is why haven't these range numbers (for p/non p respectively) changed after the larger battery was introduced?
1630704885102.png
1630704907427.png

According to ScanMyTesla, my MYLR7 has the 82kwh and it was built in March. I know VINs aren't always sequential, but mine is a 146xxx VIN. I can't get the dynotest to work.

Trouble getting in? Brake to turn 'on'. Verify you are on 2021.24.4? Not sure if it is still working on later versions as I turned my WiFi (forget SSID) as I like the ability to get into dynotest until FSD shows up. I have an X, my kid as a '18 TM3 and his didn't work until he did the below (maybe just the 'on').

From the reddit thread.

H8bbHly.jpg

Just 321. Makes me wonder if there will ever be a software update to unlock it.

Does unlocking with more range require new EPA testing, documenting, registration? Is it better to just have 321 but have less degradation (ie. do they have a bigger buffer on the top or bottom. Likely this was discussed and it flew over my head. I care about this stuff as a kid is trying to decide on getting a TMY.

The reality is probably more complicated than that. If the larger battery pack achieves the same weight as the old, smaller pack (due to technology advancement), the equation would be this simple. Otherwise we need to factor in the extra weight introduced by the larger battery pack, and the gain would be less than 7%.
Just want to say you're wrong here. you would take the weight of the car divided by kwh of battery and see that by gaining 7% battery you are pushing less weight over all per battery than you were before and it would be MORE than 7% range.

Just want to say you're wrong here. you would take the weight of the car divided by kwh of battery and see that by gaining 7% battery you are pushing less weight over all per battery than you were before and it would be MORE than 7% range.
The original statement looks correct to me. Additional weight of the battery will reduce range gain slightly.