Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Accessories for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts on if/when Tesla will make the new standard Model Y wheels (the black versions of the Gemini covers) available for purchase on their own? Can't seem to find much online, just a few articles on the upcoming changes to MY's coming out of China. Admittedly it's only been a couple of weeks, but hoping they make these available for purchase direct.

1697230965601.png

Has anyone bought the Tesla "Model X/Y Hitch Rack" bike rack? If so how is it? I need a new bike rack, and if this has good reviews I would be very interested. I'm particularly interested in how easy it is to put on/take off the car, since I wouldn't want to leave it on when I don't need it. Thanks!

Has anyone had the parcel shelf retrofit yet? I'm thinking about it. But it's a bit steep in price
Don't bother. It's rubbish. Came with my Y and has come out very quickly. It's not retractable or anything, just sort of concertina folds up on itself but not well, so It won't stay put folded up. If looking to buy one, I would look at an aftermarket one to save yourself some money as well as get something better and retractable.

Any thoughts on if/when Tesla will make the new standard Model Y wheels (the black versions of the Gemini covers) available for purchase on their own? Can't seem to find much online, just a few articles on the upcoming changes to MY's coming out of China. Admittedly it's only been a couple of weeks, but hoping they make these available for purchase direct.

View attachment 981973
There are a number of these on AliExpress. Especially ones that cover the whole wheel

View attachment 981973
I found a black Gemini cover on Amazon that also covers the silver perimeter of the rims for about $300 delivered. They look quite nice. I purchased the blade style ones.

For those interested, Tesla now have the Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler for the Model Y in Australia as Service Installable.

At $1300 its a bit steep, but at least is it pretty bang on the same as the US price (currency converted).

I am still considering... as I am not sure of getting an aftermarket for a ~$500 and installing myself... at least you would have install warranty.

Anyone have any good recommendations on an aftermarket true Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler for MY? and direct experience with install (personal and or a detailer as I hear some will install for you if you get ceramic by them).

For those interested, Tesla now have the Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler for the Model Y in Australia as Service Installable.

At $1300 its a bit steep, but at least is it pretty bang on the same as the US price (currency converted).

I am still considering... as I am not sure of getting an aftermarket for a ~$500 and installing myself... at least you would have install warranty.

Anyone have any good recommendations on an aftermarket true Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler for MY? and direct experience with install (personal and or a detailer as I hear some will install for you if you get ceramic by them).
I understand your consideration about the carbon fiber rear spoiler for your Model Y.

I'd like to recommend Tesery OEM performance spoiler. It is carefully designed for a seamless fit and offers the genuine carbon fiber look you desire. Many Tesla owners have chosen the spoiler for its quality and style. Plus, you have the flexibility to install it yourself, potentially saving on installation costs.

You can find more information about our spoiler here: Tesery Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Any non-vendors with experience?

Any non-vendors with experience?
Not with the tesery ones, but I have the haloblk dry carbon spoiler installed on mine.

Super easy to install, its a great product. Fraction of the price compared to the tesla offering and it's local stock (Sydney).
Haloblk produce great quality products imo and this is no exception.

I did have an abs one from xcar installed previously but found this one was a perfect fit to the rear of the model y. Here's an example of an install video

Reactions: elddum
Has anyone bought the Tesla "Model X/Y Hitch Rack" bike rack? If so how is it? I need a new bike rack, and if this has good reviews I would be very interested. I'm particularly interested in how easy it is to put on/take off the car, since I wouldn't want to leave it on when I don't need it. Thanks!
I know that this isn't strictly what you asked about but I was in the same situation as you and ended up buying this Thule bike rack instead: https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07954CY49

It's easy to attach it to the tow hitch and securing bikes to it is really straightforward. Another plus is that it folds into the size of a carryon luggage which is great for storage.

Not with the tesery ones, but I have the haloblk dry carbon spoiler installed on mine.

Super easy to install, its a great product. Fraction of the price compared to the tesla offering and it's local stock (Sydney).
Haloblk produce great quality products imo and this is no exception.

I did have an abs one from xcar installed previously but found this one was a perfect fit to the rear of the model y. Here's an example of an install video
Thanks!
Halo does look like quality gear. Though I am looking for something the same as the Tesla OEM, and the HaloBlk looks a little biggger and has that indent in the middle - not a consistent smooth line. Do you find it tends to collect dust/water, etc in that indent in the middle?

If I go ahead it’s definitely real Carbon Fibre - ABS is too risky in my view.

Thanks!
Halo does look like quality gear. Though I am looking for something the same as the Tesla OEM, and the HaloBlk looks a little biggger and has that indent in the middle - not a consistent smooth line. Do you find it tends to collect dust/water, etc in that indent in the middle?

If I go ahead it’s definitely real Carbon Fibre - ABS is too risky in my view.

I can’t say that I’ve seen it collect any dust / water, though I haven’t really checked after driving.

Attachments

• IMG_8910.jpeg
    IMG_8910.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: elddum