Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Air Blowers on face

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, it appears that RHD air vent on the driver side is smaller than the passenger side. What you can do is to drag the air direction to almost the top of the steering wheel. Also set the fan speed to at least 5.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    416.3 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: UrbanSplash
Are you sure he is reporting an issue. My impression was he is responding to this 6 month old thread to tell the op he was doing it wrong and providing instructions on how to do it right?

Although the idea that the size of the vent on the RHS is smaller than the LHS so this is a particular problem for RHD cars is an intriguing one I have not heard of before.

Its the blowing down onto knees when directed fully up which drives me nuts. I think heading to cooler months we will have less reporting but I for one will raise a service issue. A pizza box (open opposite ends) stuck to dash vent works great! Great talking point with prospective new owners...I hope it doesn't put them off!!

Are you sure he is reporting an issue. My impression was he is responding to this 6 month old thread to tell the op he was doing it wrong and providing instructions on how to do it right?

Although the idea that the size of the vent on the RHS is smaller than the LHS so this is a particular problem for RHD cars is an intriguing one I have not heard of before.
I wasn't responding to that post, which is why I didn't quite that post. I was responding to the issue in the thread in general!

My model 3 had virtually the same problem until Tesla service fitted the bit of foam insulation that the factory forgot. Now the vents adjust right up to the ceiling just fine.

Reactions: Jason71
Just a bit of feedback on this, after this thread revive, i believe my dash wasn't cliped down correctly, and that's helped very slightly, also fresh/recirc settings change the airflow slightly too. It's also colder here now so not as much AC required and dont drive the car much, so can't give proper feedback, but it does hit my face now but thats still at max height.. either way get tesla to have a look at it to see if they can do anything.

Unsure about the vent being smaller, however i do notice the vent being slightly narrower (height wise) if u stick ur finger in the vent, it's easier to go in on the passenger side for a RHD car.

Reactions: Big Earl
Its the blowing down onto knees when directed fully up which drives me nuts. I think heading to cooler months we will have less reporting but I for one will raise a service issue. A pizza box (open opposite ends) stuck to dash vent works great! Great talking point with prospective new owners...I hope it doesn't put them off!!

If it's blowing on your knees when the screen shows it blowing up, the vent control mechanism is either broken or miscalibrated. I'd submit a service request in the app.

Reactions: Cnixon
Digital vents bring many advantages, such as highly efficient cooling and heating, especially during preconditioning. Some downsides include lack of targetting the flow precisely like a physical vent. Tesla cars are designed for efficiency and not comfort.
Pretty sure a digital vent vs a manual air diverter would use the same amount of energy. Even adding a small still plastic sheet to angle the air further upwards is enough to get the air to hit my face.

Also heating the cabin when cooling is only desired to the tune of 300-1000 constant wasted watts to the cabin heater is not very efficient or user friendly for someone looking for cool air and not luke cold air.