Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y AWD 279 mile range available as inventory car at some locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price:$60,130

If Tesla were to drop price by $5k, that will give their customers total of $12.5k (Assuming one qualify for Tax credit) discount. Can you imagine demand for that car? Crazy high.

Now can ypu imagine the demand for this car without price drop? Yeah, super low.

Prediction: Easy, will be $55k in no time

Screenshot_20230101_204839_Firefox.jpg

Price:$60,130

If Tesla were to drop price by $5k, that will give their customers total of $12.5k (Assuming one qualify for Tax credit) discount. Can you imagine demand for that car? Crazy high.

Now can ypu imagine the demand for this car without price drop? Yeah, super low.

Prediction: Easy, will be $55k in no time

View attachment 891181
Or 60k with a 7 seat standard. Would save Tesla at least $2,000 per unit. Likely more since it likely cost Tesla much less than $3,000 to add the 7 seat interior. Unless there is some problem or shortage for the 3rd row hardware I see that as a more economical option for Tesla. Tesla is all about the profit...so I still say that would be more attractive to the bean counters than discounting the car by $5,130

Also, we still don't know that Tesla will qualify for the full 7500 after March due to the battery sourcing requirements. Unless something changes the credit may only be half or $3,750

Reactions: RVAC and Whatstreet
And maybe they opt for a rear wheel MY drive option at $55k.

With 4680 production still ramping up they might want to save 4680s where it will really be needed - the cybertruck. Of course that assumes the 4680 cell issues have been wrung out.

And maybe they opt for a rear wheel MY drive option at $55k.

With 4680 production still ramping up they might want to save 4680s where it will really be needed - the cybertruck. Of course that assumes the 4680 cell issues have been wrung out.
Great idea...No everyone wants to needs AWD. A lot of folks what minimum price and a RWD standard range would do it. If the AWD with 4680 gets 279 though would a RWD with 4680 get close to LR territory?

Or 60k with a 7 seat standard. Would save Tesla at least $2,000 per unit. Likely more since it likely cost Tesla much less than $3,000 to add the 7 seat interior. Unless there is some problem or shortage for the 3rd row hardware I see that as a more economical option for Tesla. Tesla is all about the profit...so I still say that would be more attractive to the bean counters than discounting the car by $5,130

Also, we still don't know that Tesla will qualify for the full 7500 after March due to the battery sourcing requirements. Unless something changes the credit may only be half or $3,750
3rd row won't work. Tesla tried to sell LR for ~62k (after $3,750 off+ 10k free miles) in December and that wasn't enough. If people won't buy LR for 62k, there aren't going to be enough demand at $60k for AWD. Tesla had to sell LR at $58.5. And Tesla has even greater output at Austin.

$55k is the only option. RWD does make sense, but do't think they have a build for it. They just have 3 builds, Awd, LR and P.

3rd row won't work. Tesla tried to sell LR for ~62k (after $3,750 off+ 10k free miles) in December and that wasn't enough. If people won't buy LR for 62k, there aren't going to be enough demand at $60k for AWD. Tesla had to sell LR at $58.5. And Tesla has even greater output at Austin.

$55k is the only option. RWD does make sense, but do't think they have a build for it. They just have 3 builds, Awd, LR and P.
Will be interesting to see what they do. My LR in February of 21 was 49k! The economic conditions are certainly having an impact on demand as well. Will be interesting to watch what happens in the next six months or so.

Not sure what you're going on about, they sold all the 3/Y they could in the US.

Reactions: android04