Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MODEL Y DELIVERY New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have all previous posters in this thread received their orders?

I've done a bit of investigating with my order so will write it up for anyone who cares hah.

I've been given my VIN on my final invoice. Using the VIN I was able to determine that the car is aboard SWIFT ACE from Shanghai going to Laem Chabang, Thailand. I got this using this site. SWIFT ACE is currently moored in Laem Chabang where it looks like the car will disembark and then be loaded onto another ship ETERNAL ACE (currently en route to Laem Chabang). ETERNAL ACE is then due to make its way to Perth, then Adelaide, then Auckland based on this. There could be other ports in between Laem Chabang but based on the departure date of 21 Feb and arrival to Fremantle on 3 Mar it seems like it would be direct. Arriving in the ports of Auckland around 11 March give or take a few days. This matches up with the EDD of 16 Mar - 31 Mar 👍🏼

Anyone else have an order with their VIN and see the same thing on this site?

• Love
Reactions: Audietron
My Model Y will be on the Eternal Ace too. When you use the MOLACE website with your VIN it also gives you the booking number. If you switch from the VIN search to the booking number search you can see that there are about 300 Teslas on the boat.

My car was apparently built on the 17th of Jan and my EDD is 9-30 March. Some people with build dates towards the end of Jan have much closer EDD's than I do. I think their cars are on a different boat that takes a much more direct route to NZ.

I'm not super worried about a small delay to ETERNAL ACE ... I'm just very thankful that it appears to be skipping Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane where there are significant port delays.

My car was apparently built on the 17th of Jan and my EDD is 9-30 March. Some people with build dates towards the end of Jan have much closer EDD's than I do. I think their cars are on a different boat that takes a much more direct route to NZ.

I'm not super worried about a small delay to ETERNAL ACE ... I'm just very thankful that it appears to be skipping Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane where there are significant port delays.
I have the same build date. Interesting the delivery date is different even though we’re on the same boat.

I haven’t been able to confirm for sure which ports ETERNAL ACE will stop at from where it is now and Auckland.

Auckland Tesla Yard Sunday Morning 19/02/2023
Tesla Yard 19-02-23.jpg

Reactions: paulvgn and noom