Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI, Just to let know people I had my car Friday, I did not fin anything special except the front bumper that had to be changed because of transport. I brought my car directly for ppf and they also look the car for imperfection. They did not see anything except where the door for the electric plug was not closing 100% properly. The rest was ok so the car is very fine. The PPF worked very hard to get my car done fast. They work all week end on it, really pro's should have it by tomorrow. Valkyrie PPF Solutions so you can see my car while they do ppf, cerimac coating is done afer. Valkyrie PPF Solutions

Is anyone getting a front license plate bracket?
If so, which one is best?
also floor mats.
I'm getting my ride in a week! Not as far as it seemed a few days ago.

Yes good question floor mat, I read a lot. In my Model 3 I have purchase tux max and return them right away did not like at all. I bought 3d max spider those are really the best. They don't fit in my Y but I have put them for temporary as they do the job in the mean time I get ones that fit. 3d max spider is not available for Y until august. There are Tesmanian but they look not as good but are cheaper so I have not set my mind yet. I could take tesmanian for winter and 3d for summer but that is expensive. 3d are like 750$ cad a lot of money for mat. I am still looking what I do

Yes good question floor mat, I read a lot. In my Model 3 I have purchase tux max and return them right away did not like at all. I bought 3d max spider those are really the best. They don't fit in my Y but I have put them for temporary as they do the job in the mean time I get ones that fit. 3d max spider is not available for Y until august. There are Tesmanian but they look not as good but are cheaper so I have not set my mind yet. I could take tesmanian for winter and 3d for summer but that is expensive. 3d are like 750$ cad a lot of money for mat. I am still looking what I do
yikes! august is quite far. Is there a preorder list where you sign up so they ship it when its ready? I see they also have a costco link of sorts where you verify you are a member, for better pricing I would hope.

Purchase update,
I pulled my trade and sold the truck private. I was able to get $7,200 more than the trade value surpassing any tax savings. I understand why I was offered what I was, but the buyer really wanted the truck and it was a win win all around.

Still on track for a Friday pick up; but now I have to Uber to get it LOL.

yikes! august is quite far. Is there a preorder list where you sign up so they ship it when its ready? I see they also have a costco link of sorts where you verify you are a member, for better pricing I would hope.

More
Purchase update,
I pulled my trade and sold the truck private. I was able to get $7,200 more than the trade value surpassing any tax savings. I understand why I was offered what I was, but the buyer really wanted the truck and it was a win win all around.

Purchase update,

Did you use autotrader? I posted mine on there and got interest and then pulled the ad since I didn't want all these people coming to my house, meeting strangers in parking lots, haggling, etc. How was your experience private selling? Is it a pain with the forms, etc?

More

Did you use autotrader? I posted mine on there and got interest and then pulled the ad since I didn't want all these people coming to my house, meeting strangers in parking lots, haggling, etc. How was your experience private selling? Is it a pain with the forms, etc?
I've sold many cars so never found it a hassle. That said, I told this buyer (from Auto Trader) that we needed to get EVERYTHING done by today or the deal is off. We worked it out and it was the quickest sale I've ever been involved in. Certainly not a typical event but absolutely worth it in this case.

For those in Ottawa asking about tint and PPF, I called AutoTrendz and they are interested in a group discount but are looking for numbers and options. In order for all of us to use the same data to shop around, I've created a google doc here Group Buy to track who and what we all are looking for. Once we have the list past 5, I'll check back with AutoTrendz and see what they are willing to do. If other want to call around, please feel free to use this sheet as well (again for Ottawa folks).

If you want to create a second tab for Toronto or other places, please feel free.

Hi. First time posting. I’m curious how delivery and inspection works when they do remote / at-home delivery. I’m in Nova Scotia (have already found my VIN but no further updates re: expected delivery aside from being told late-June / early July a couple of weeks ago).
When whomever brings my car to my house, so I have that person document deficiencies or do I do that by phone or app?? TIA for any insight you can provide.

For those in Ottawa asking about tint and PPF, I called AutoTrendz and they are interested in a group discount but are looking for numbers and options. In order for all of us to use the same data to shop around, I've created a google doc here Group Buy to track who and what we all are looking for. Once we have the list past 5, I'll check back with AutoTrendz and see what they are willing to do. If other want to call around, please feel free to use this sheet as well (again for Ottawa folks).

If you want to create a second tab for Toronto or other places, please feel free.
If your are a too big.groupe you will have to wait.more

Got some updates for everyone from Oakville. First AWD with 19” I have seen, with what appears to be a door colour problem. VIN 159xx, mfg June 9. That VIN is too close to home not to cause concern!

A83CE7D2-B8AA-4350-8FAA-FD130096CED1.jpeg 426ED588-8374-4A53-8602-E431A8303ACD.jpeg

Got some updates for everyone from Oakville. First AWD with 19” I have seen, with what appears to be a door colour problem. VIN 159xx, mfg June 9. That VIN is too close to home not to cause concern!

View attachment 555034 View attachment 555035

Yikes, that does look a little off, doesn’t it? I guess all us folks with white will really have to take a close look when picking up... Thanks for sharing!!

How are you all getting your VIN numbers? I'm overseas until early July, so I don't have a local number to text. I've been pestering Jean-Michel at Montreal Tesla- he said he hasn't gotten it yet... Anyway, I've been told that I cannot get insurance until I have a VIN. Has this been everyone else's experience?

Sorry folks, messed up on the permissions. Should be able to edit now.

Ya but sometimes a discount is worth it ;).
paying more to have faster or
Purchase update,

yes the wait will be over. I your going to ppf right after? I think it wort it because you will put dirt and it may be more difficult to have a complete clean car if you wait