Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the front plate put on after you got there? Can you refuse it and just take it home to do it yourself or have an option of mounting something different?

Oh and NICE!

When I got my Model 3 it was already on the car. If you didn't want them to put it on you had to tell them in advance. As soon as they start prepping the car they add it as part of the process. So if you don't want it I would let them know soon.

here's a teaser. just picked up. lots of very minor picky details that i mentioned. no deal breakers though. interior is near perfect. panel gaps are like 7-8/10. but i want 10/10 accuracy.
ordered March 15 2019
found vin in source code on June 18th
got called to schedule delivery on June 18th an hour or 2 later.
picked up today.
BLACK ON BLACK model Y LR AWD with FSD , GEMINI WHEELS
VIN: 0125XX
Very nice!!!

Did anyone else in Canada get the mass text tonight about delivery by end of June? So far in US it sounds like the people who got it are on the west coast... folks on the east didn't get the same text. Sounds like end of quarter rush is focusing on west coast newest builds...

Yes sir!
Below is what I received today, last Sunday it was a text saying it was supposed to be built in the next 7 days, now this. That's a very tight timeline, no vin as of yet, however this is promising!

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/25 - 6/28 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

Yes sir!
Below is what I received today, last Sunday it was a text saying it was supposed to be built in the next 7 days, now this. That's a very tight timeline, no vin as of yet, however this is promising!

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/25 - 6/28 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Wow I happy for you that mean you vice is comming so cool congrat my friend

Yes sir!

I’m ready for the zoom 0-60 shootout by end of June. The winner will win, while the loser will also win knowing he has the thicker coat of paint ;)

Just got a text update from Tesla for my Model Y, similar to those mentioned above:
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/26 - 6/29 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built. Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

The message suggests while my model Y hasn't been built, that will likely happen in the next couple of days to provide a few days for transport from California to Vancouver. Here's my configuration:
  • White exterior
  • Black interior
  • AWD
  • Gemini wheels
  • Autopilot
  • Ordered: 2019/11/27
  • To be picked up in Vancouver
Still don't have a contract or VIN in my Tesla account but that should come shortly. Trying to stay calm...

Just got a text update from Tesla for my Model Y, similar to those mentioned above:
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/26 - 6/29 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built. Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

The message suggests while my model Y hasn't been built, that will likely happen in the next couple of days to provide a few days for transport from California to Vancouver. Here's my configuration:
  • White exterior
  • Black interior
  • AWD
  • Gemini wheels
  • Autopilot
  • Ordered: 2019/11/27
  • To be picked up in Vancouver
Still don't have a contract or VIN in my Tesla account but that should come shortly. Trying to stay calm...
Fingers crossed!!
It's impossible to stay calm, however!
I feel you, I really hope you get your car.
THIS WEEK!!!!
She's gonna look great! I saw a white performance at the 4th Ave location, looked amazing!

I'm just concerned that if I find some issues, since I don't live down there and am driving from the interior to pick up, that I'll have to refuse delivery and drive home without a car until who knows when... fingers crossed that if I make the drive all the way down there to check out my car, that it's one of the good ones!

I'm just concerned that if I find some issues, since I don't live down there and am driving from the interior to pick up, that I'll have to refuse delivery and drive home without a car until who knows when... fingers crossed that if I make the drive all the way down there to check out my car, that it's one of the good ones!
I can set that, I hope there aren't any issues!
Where are you coming from?

here's a teaser. just picked up. lots of very minor picky details that i mentioned. no deal breakers though. interior is near perfect. panel gaps are like 7-8/10. but i want 10/10 accuracy.
ordered March 15 2019
found vin in source code on June 18th
got called to schedule delivery on June 18th an hour or 2 later.
picked up today.
BLACK ON BLACK model Y LR AWD with FSD , GEMINI WHEELS
VIN: 0125XX

We just picked up my wifes car. Apparently there is less than 10 of us in Vancouver right now.
Had a bunch of superficial scratches here and there that I dont really car about but 2 pretty deep ones that will need some paint work to fix. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the very bottom/back corner of the front doors. They dont line up at all with the front edge of the back door, they are set in almost 1/8". Everything else was good enough but that one irritates me a bit but apparently it is normal.
Fun drive home though. I burnt through 15% battery in 40km and had a projected range of 270km lol.

We just picked up my wifes car. Apparently there is less than 10 of us in Vancouver right now.
Had a bunch of superficial scratches here and there that I dont really car about but 2 pretty deep ones that will need some paint work to fix. The only thing that kind of bothered me was the very bottom/back corner of the front doors. They dont line up at all with the front edge of the back door, they are set in almost 1/8". Everything else was good enough but that one irritates me a bit but apparently it is normal.
Fun drive home though. I burnt through 15% battery in 40km and had a projected range of 270km lol.
nice! saw at least 4-5 model Ys take delivery there today. Luckily I cleared my day. I waited for them to fix some issues with the trunk and some gaps.
Anyone interested in UP springs? perhaps get a group buy going. the S&H to Canada is almost half the price of the lowering springs itself!