Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, how did it go...any issues, concerns, worries..? any pics..
Just picked it up a couple hours ago. It was pretty smooth - the car looked great and had the upgraded door buttons and new rear lights. There were some very minor alignment and paint issues - they were all noted. I would say there was nothing really crazy offensive - the main issues were a couple areas where the paint was not coated properly - they were very small. There was also a weird thing with the door trim below the windows on the rear doors, they were not really even so the gaps were a bit off. A small thing - very cosmetic but they have noted everything and hopefully we can get them fixed at a service appointment. The hatchback had a bit of a gap at the top, I will wait to see when it rains if it is too big/water gets through. I have never looked over a car this thoroughly and I have to say I was pretty pleased.

I was told that the Yorkdale shop had 30 deliveries today alone - so its pretty busy right now - quite a few Ys there being prepped for pick up.

The software was also up to date so no need to do that.

Cannot figure out how to post a pic as I think I may be too new - but overall we were happy!

Just picked it up a couple hours ago. It was pretty smooth - the car looked great and had the upgraded door buttons and new rear lights. There were some very minor alignment and paint issues - they were all noted. I would say there was nothing really crazy offensive - the main issues were a couple areas where the paint was not coated properly - they were very small. There was also a weird thing with the door trim below the windows on the rear doors, they were not really even so the gaps were a bit off. A small thing - very cosmetic but they have noted everything and hopefully we can get them fixed at a service appointment. The hatchback had a bit of a gap at the top, I will wait to see when it rains if it is too big/water gets through. I have never looked over a car this thoroughly and I have to say I was pretty pleased.

I was told that the Yorkdale shop had 30 deliveries today alone - so its pretty busy right now - quite a few Ys there being prepped for pick up.

Cannot figure out how to post a pic as I think I may be too new - but overall we were happy!

Congrats! I am picking mine up in two weeks in Oakville - VIN 384xx build 08/23 so happy to hear it likely has the new tail lights. Was assured that they go over it pretty well there.

Congrats. Enjoy in good health.

Hey Y'all!

So after 532 days of waiting, I finally received my Model Y! It's definitely a sight to behold! Delivery was efficient. Waited for about 5 minutes and someone came to lead me to sign some papers and hand over the bank draft.

They offered to go through an orientation with the car, but I’ve read the manual and watched the vids prior to arrival and didn’t want to waste their time going over things I knew and wanted to save that time to run through my comprehensive checklist instead.

From start to finish I spent like 2 hours there, with maybe an hour and half of going through my checklist. Tim was inputting all my concerns into his tablet and he was VERY patient and understanding. I was surprised he spent all that time with me! Super awesome guy! He even spotted some things and added it to his tablet without me mentioning/asking him. Super solid rep!

While I’m sure most would have probably rejected this car, I will give them a chance to see if they can fix the items I discovered. The list being as follows:
  • Rear left door button broken (can’t open door from inside)
  • Small chip on underside of panoramic glass room
  • Left tail light scratched
  • Small paint chips to underside of frunk, right door and rear headlight
  • Left front door/rear view mirror panel gap
  • Right corner headlight panel sticks out
  • Windshield is a bit off centered to the left (it’s flush with the glass roof on the right side...so i dunno, I asked them to take a look at it...no harm)
  • Rear right seat mis-aligned with middle
  • Window Trim scratch
  • Rear right tail light condensation persists after hours of being in sun
  • Dirty rear headliner
  • Driver seat rear panel scratched
  • Clothes hook doesn’t retract
Most things seem minor and fixable, or I will overlook it if they say “it’s within spec.” But the fist three and ESPECIALLY the rear left door button seemed like a gross oversight on their part. Earliest service appointment I could book was 2.5 weeks from now, so I escalated with my advisor and will wait and see if they can bump my appointment up.

I will say, I highly recommend bringing someone along as an extra set of eyes, or at least to scribe for you. I found using the Inspect T app was slow, and tedious. (Kept crashing on me on Android). I found it difficult to be specific on certain areas of the car like the chip on the underside of the panoramic glass roof. It was easier to just have my friend write the problems down on a printed checklist and snap pictures in chronological order. Overall I would say Toronto was efficient and had their s*** together. VIN is in my signature below. Build date of 08/20 and I have the new door buttons but the old RED only tailights.

Wish y’all the best of luck on your orders/deliveries!

Cheers!

Attachments

• Front-Lt-Door-Rearview Mirror-Gap.jpg
    Front-Lt-Door-Rearview Mirror-Gap.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Front-Rt-Headlight-Panel-Corner-Raised.jpg
    Front-Rt-Headlight-Panel-Corner-Raised.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Rear-Lt-BreakLight-Scratch.jpg
    Rear-Lt-BreakLight-Scratch.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Rear-Rt-BreakLight-BottomCorner-Paint Chip.jpg
    Rear-Rt-BreakLight-BottomCorner-Paint Chip.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Rear-Rt-BreakLight-Condensation.jpg
    Rear-Rt-BreakLight-Condensation.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Windshield-Shifted Lt (1).jpg
    Windshield-Shifted Lt (1).jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Windshield-Shifted Lt (2).jpg
    Windshield-Shifted Lt (2).jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 73
Just did the math.. there's currently a $4,500 FOREX premium on buying a Model Y in Canada vs the US. Seems a little high.

Tesla pretty quickly adjusted the prices upwards when the $CAD tanked vs the $USD earlier this year. Hopefully they will adjust again in the other direction in the not too distant future. I think historically anyway they've been pretty good with exchange rate related pricing changes?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I finally received my Model Y! It's definitely a sight to behold!
I will say, I highly recommend bringing someone along as an extra set of eyes, or at least to scribe for you. I found using the Inspect T app was slow, and tedious... It was easier to just have my friend write the problems down on a printed checklist and snap pictures in chronological order. Overall I would say Toronto was efficient and had their s*** together. VIN is in my signature below. Build date of 08/20 and I have the new door buttons but the old RED only tailights.

Congratulations! Very happy for you and I hope you get the issues resolved quickly. And thanks for the advice about delivery inspection. I have Inspect T but your advice makes sense.

Enjoy your Y!

Took delivery today of a white/white Model Y LR with full self driving - the entire experience was excellent! Received two phone calls prior to delivery to prepare us and to confirm date and time. Had a full walk through the vehicle with our rep. Vehicle was almost perfect - 2 very minor (!!!) cosmetic issues that are not even worth mentioning. We were so wrried based on all of the previous reports of panel gaps, paint issues, etc..... our vehicle is near perfect and oh so much fun to drive! (Oakville, Ontario, VIN #293XX)

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
926EE266-9270-4B9F-AB9D-766A6DAD1C6C.jpeg
Hey Y'all!

So after 532 days of waiting, I finally received my Model Y! It's definitely a sight to behold! Delivery was efficient. Waited for about 5 minutes and someone came to lead me to sign some papers and hand over the bank draft.

They offered to go through an orientation with the car, but I’ve read the manual and watched the vids prior to arrival and didn’t want to waste their time going over things I knew and wanted to save that time to run through my comprehensive checklist instead.

From start to finish I spent like 2 hours there, with maybe an hour and half of going through my checklist. Tim was inputting all my concerns into his tablet and he was VERY patient and understanding. I was surprised he spent all that time with me! Super awesome guy! He even spotted some things and added it to his tablet without me mentioning/asking him. Super solid rep!

While I’m sure most would have probably rejected this car, I will give them a chance to see if they can fix the items I discovered. The list being as follows:
  • Rear left door button broken (can’t open door from inside)
  • Small chip on underside of panoramic glass room
  • Left tail light scratched
  • Small paint chips to underside of frunk, right door and rear headlight
  • Left front door/rear view mirror panel gap
  • Right corner headlight panel sticks out
  • Windshield is a bit off centered to the left (it’s flush with the glass roof on the right side...so i dunno, I asked them to take a look at it...no harm)
  • Rear right seat mis-aligned with middle
  • Window Trim scratch
  • Rear right tail light condensation persists after hours of being in sun
  • Dirty rear headliner
  • Driver seat rear panel scratched
  • Clothes hook doesn’t retract
Most things seem minor and fixable, or I will overlook it if they say “it’s within spec.” But the fist three and ESPECIALLY the rear left door button seemed like a gross oversight on their part. Earliest service appointment I could book was 2.5 weeks from now, so I escalated with my advisor and will wait and see if they can bump my appointment up.

I will say, I highly recommend bringing someone along as an extra set of eyes, or at least to scribe for you. I found using the Inspect T app was slow, and tedious. (Kept crashing on me on Android). I found it difficult to be specific on certain areas of the car like the chip on the underside of the panoramic glass roof. It was easier to just have my friend write the problems down on a printed checklist and snap pictures in chronological order. Overall I would say Toronto was efficient and had their s*** together. VIN is in my signature below. Build date of 08/20 and I have the new door buttons but the old RED only tailights.

Wish y’all the best of luck on your orders/deliveries!

Cheers!
Congrats!

Got mine yesterday too! Just scheduled my first service appointment to try to fix all the defects.

- Rear passenger door jam was very squeaky when closed (they need to order a new part for this apparently).
- Large B-Pillar gap on the interior of the drivers side.
- deep scratches on the rear drivers side window
- trim didn’t seem to fit in parts of the trunk along the sides.

The paint was decent. Panel gaps were minimal and likely within spec.

Overall a good delivery experience and the staff were helpful. There was some film from the delivery wrap still on the car but they had someone come and clean it off.

I actually had the same delivery rep as my Model 3 and they seems super happy that their Tesla stock has gone up a lot :)

926EE266-9270-4B9F-AB9D-766A6DAD1C6C.jpeg

Attachments

• 64602211-C99D-4838-BFBD-99EE91DE27BE.jpeg
    64602211-C99D-4838-BFBD-99EE91DE27BE.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 40EE7E9C-DFE0-4369-8567-2F26747F9B3A.jpeg
    40EE7E9C-DFE0-4369-8567-2F26747F9B3A.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DA1E5737-39AE-42C0-9483-F5E2762FC9B7.jpeg
    DA1E5737-39AE-42C0-9483-F5E2762FC9B7.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 69
  • 83336125-48FA-45C4-B100-087D9A1871EF.jpeg
    83336125-48FA-45C4-B100-087D9A1871EF.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DF8B092D-9D5A-4F33-8B4F-03C64159E02E.jpeg
    DF8B092D-9D5A-4F33-8B4F-03C64159E02E.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 57
  • A12256C5-9F19-415E-B3C7-A4A179292445.jpeg
    A12256C5-9F19-415E-B3C7-A4A179292445.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 72
Just did the math.. there's currently a $4,500 FOREX premium on buying a Model Y in Canada vs the US. Seems a little high.
Add insult to injury if you are trading in a vehicle they will offer you a price that mostly likely being in Canada and the logistics you will never see to fruition with a delivery under 30 days. Tesla will then lower the trade-in offer by several thousands of dollars on the re-evaluation when you will mostly likely take delivery. Factor in the exchange rate and trade-in shenanigans and Telsa has figured that Canada is a very lucrative and profitable market.

Add insult to injury if you are trading in a vehicle they will offer you a price that mostly likely being in Canada and the logistics you will never see to fruition with a delivery under 30 days. Tesla will then lower the trade-in offer by several thousands of dollars on the re-evaluation when you will mostly likely take delivery. Factor in the exchange rate and trade-in shenanigans and Telsa has figured that Canada is a very lucrative and profitable market.

<--- 29 days from order to delivery in Toronto ;)

Reactions: Threader
View attachment 582074
Congrats!

Got mine yesterday too! Just scheduled my first service appointment to try to fix all the defects.

- Rear passenger door jam was very squeaky when closed (they need to order a new part for this apparently).
- Large B-Pillar gap on the interior of the drivers side.
- deep scratches on the rear drivers side window
- trim didn’t seem to fit in parts of the trunk along the sides.

The paint was decent. Panel gaps were minimal and likely within spec.

Overall a good delivery experience and the staff were helpful. There was some film from the delivery wrap still on the car but they had someone come and clean it off.

I actually had the same delivery rep as my Model 3 and they seems super happy that their Tesla stock has gone up a lot :)

View attachment 582074
Congrats on the new car - yes it is the same one I saw when I picked mine up Thursday afternoon. I have a similar window trim issue on mine but overall most of my issues were minor/cosmetic - hopefully most can be addressed by service - I have been referred to a repair shop by Tesla and awaiting to make an appointment with them so will see how that goes.

Only had my car a few days but have loved it so far - drove it up to Collingwood for the weekend and was sweet driving on some of the back roads. Loving it so far ...

Reactions: Mansley
Congrats on the new car - yes it is the same one I saw when I picked mine up Thursday afternoon. I have a similar window trim issue on mine but overall most of my issues were minor/cosmetic - hopefully most can be addressed by service - I have been referred to a repair shop by Tesla and awaiting to make an appointment with them so will see how that goes.

Only had my car a few days but have loved it so far - drove it up to Collingwood for the weekend and was sweet driving on some of the back roads. Loving it so far ...

Amazing. Yes I definitely went cruising around Toronto this weekend with the kids. They wouldn't stop talking about how their seats could recline! Also, turned up the volume to 11 (on their request) for a bit. Such a huge difference in sound from the Model 3 SR+. The premium audio really stands out.

As for service appointments, I scheduled mine in the App before I left the delivery centre. They got back to me the next day and I have 5 items they will fix scheduled for the end of this week. Mostly minor, but when you're forking out this kind of cash, the car should be perfect before delivery. However, we all expect it to be this way and love the car regardless!

I ordered mine on August 24. White with black interior. No FSD. Just got email from advisor regarding delivery date. Apparently Sept 19 has been pencil marked. No vin yet. Any one has experience delivery at the Lawrence store? I had positive experience with them while test driving the 3 and Y.

Have had a VIN for a week and scheduled delivery on the 10th (Oakville). Got a call today asking if I'd come in earlier since my car had arrived. Said I could do Saturday but that would be the earliest and only date prior to the 10th. Apparently the car actually isn't going to get here until Saturday. I told them not to rush the pre-delivery checkout since I want them to make sure the fitment etc are all good. We shall see how this plays out... The upside is if they do get it ready for Saturday and I find issues they can't resolve that day, I can hopefully suggest they correct them and I will stick with my originally scheduled date to pick it up.