Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QUOTE="Poncherelly, post: 4731085, member: 106728"]Right from the website "Price includes installation"

Automatic Garage Opener[/QUOTE]
Yep...I agree. I reached out and told him that too, and that he needs to check with the SC on why they charged him more. But here is his invoice. Clearly showed an installation charge on it.

SmartSelect_20200601-172714_Drive.jpg
[

It is listed just as labor. He bought Homelink from the SC as his Tesla was up there for minor service anyhow. He asked to have it installed while he was there. They obliged.

Here is where the story gets even more interesting. He called back to dispute the installation charge and was told by the service manager that they had to charge installation because he bought it from the SC and that doing it that way does not come with free installation. If he had bought it online and had it sent home and installed by mobile service it would have been part of the cost.

Personally, we feel the SC Manager is trying to pull a fast one and isnt willing to admit he screwed up. Instead of making it right, he is making up a bogus story for why there was an installation cost. It doenst make sense. Tesla would have spent easily close to $116 to send a mobile tech out to do the job. My son lives 75 miles from the SC, so that means it it would have cost Tesla 150 mile round trip and the mobile techs time to do a remote install.

Just sounds/smells fishy.

My son is escalating the issue to the SC manager's manager and up the chain.

I dont think that is correct. I hope it is, but my son just yesterday had Homelink installed on his M3 and they tacked on a $116 installation fee to his bill. Total cost (with Colorado tax) was $438 for homelink.
if you purchased the homelink via tesla website/shop, it's included.

This is a direct quote from the tesla website/homelink info "Price includes installation. Parts will be sent directly to the customer shipping address. Schedule your service appointment through Tesla App upon receipt of the product (Accessories > Upgrades & Installations). Do not tamper with the package or installation will be voided. When scheduling, please include your order# in the appointment description."

So turning this tread back in to a Model Y chat for Canadian deliveries ... anyone get that call yet :)

Also, if anyone in Canada has any experience with trade ins, I'd like to chat. For example, how do TELUS trade in evaluations compare to say black book or AutoTrader assessments for trade ins?

So turning this tread back in to a Model Y chat for Canadian deliveries ... anyone get that call yet :)

Also, if anyone in Canada has any experience with trade ins, I'd like to chat. For example, how do TELUS trade in evaluations compare to say black book or AutoTrader assessments for trade ins?
Sounds good. There are some articles that speculate that some should hear by the end of the month. But I think they are the same that said Quebec would get them before the states :D.

Sounds good. There are some articles that speculate that some should hear by the end of the month. But I think they are the same that said Quebec would get them before the states :D.

I just read this:

The confirmation comes from a Tesla adviser at the company’s West Vancouver store, Charlie Wang, who shared the news on Facebook.

“Some really exciting news this morning. As you may have heard through the grapevine, Model Y deliveries are beginning in Vancouver this month (June) and I am happy to confirm this,” said Wang, who added they are working hard to bring a Model Y to the Park Royal showroom this month.

I am in Vancouver and placed my order on day 2, I have not heard anything yet.. I keep checking my account. Maybe it's time to call and ask!

I just read this:

The confirmation comes from a Tesla adviser at the company’s West Vancouver store, Charlie Wang, who shared the news on Facebook.

“Some really exciting news this morning. As you may have heard through the grapevine, Model Y deliveries are beginning in Vancouver this month (June) and I am happy to confirm this,” said Wang, who added they are working hard to bring a Model Y to the Park Royal showroom this month.

I am in Vancouver and placed my order on day 2, I have not heard anything yet.. I keep checking my account. Maybe it's time to call and ask!

I hope this is true and that they are also looking to send many out east (Ontario) also :).

I called the Vancouver store; apparently deliveries starting next week. They said I could upload my drivers license and payment info tomorrow and expect VIN over the weekend, with delivery shortly after. The rep said they’ve been calling people that already have VIN’s and scheduling their deliveries. Keeping fingers crossed.

I called the Vancouver store; apparently deliveries starting next week. They said I could upload my drivers license and payment info tomorrow and expect VIN over the weekend, with delivery shortly after. The rep said they’ve been calling people that already have VIN’s and scheduling their deliveries. Keeping fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed, however from what I've been reading on this site is really just a blind luck if you'll get it now or months from now.
I wish the process was easier to understand.
I always thought ordering early would help, sadly that is not the case. Especially seeing it was cheaper then so less revenue.

Fingers crossed, however from what I've been reading on this site is really just a blind luck if you'll get it now or months from now.
I wish the process was easier to understand.
I always thought ordering early would help, sadly that is not the case. Especially seeing it was cheaper then so less revenue.
Yeah, the only advantage of ordering early is to lock in the price at the time. As with most I've saved $600 on the upgraded rims, and $1,300 on the FSD on top of the $4,990 on the car itself. I guess saving $6,890 on the current list price is a little worth waiting although it certainly doesn't make it easier ;). I do wish that first in first out was also the case, but it's obviously not the case in the US and I fear will be the same in Canada since I've not heard any rumours about activity here in Ontario like what's being reported in BC.

I spoke with Tesla Quebec city at the end of last and they told me that they have confirmation from Tesla that Canada east would have some model y by end of June around 500 and would be perfomance and LR AWD. The rep also said that they should have how many by province by the end of first week of June. But I don't see much moving

I spoke with Tesla Quebec city at the end of last and they told me that they have confirmation from Tesla that Canada east would have some model y by end of June around 500 and would be perfomance and LR AWD
Interesting ... now I wonder how many orders were placed in "Canada East" and if more than 500, what color is being shipped first. It seems even harder knowing we could be a month away vs. when we were a year away. I['m tempted to call the new SC in Ottawa or the one in Montreal to see what information they have ... but I imagine it would be the same story or one of ignorance.

Interesting ... now I wonder how many orders were placed in "Canada East" and if more than 500, what color is being shipped first. It seems even harder knowing we could be a month away vs. when we were a year away. I['m tempted to call the new SC in Ottawa or the one in Montreal to see what information they have ... but I imagine it would be the same story or one of ignorance.

I have call to Montreal and did not say anyting. Had the info from TEsla Quebec city.. I called because I saw a used model Y for sale on kijiji in a garage gervaisauto and the car in on their website. I called that garage and they realy said the car is stock

I called that garage and they sais the car had 5000km then I call to quebec city and they told me it is not possible unless they have imported the car