Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^^^ Nov. 2019 PUP

I was contacted last week and was informed the factory is currently closed and delivery schedule to us is yet TBD. Felt like a feeler and currently waiting for some answers to questions. He is to talk to his technical guy and get back. They are moving forward just that has become a bit more difficult at this time. We all need to figure out the best practices to move forward and like anything that takes time.

Just got the call! Call is coming from Montreal (I'm in Ottawa). Going to call him back now to see what's up ... I'll let you know what I find out.

ok so Shayne called it. I was asked when I'll be looking to get my car. I said as soon as it's ready. They mentioned that I might get it in June if things open up soon but it could go as late as August. He mentioned that others may have leases that will prevent some from taking delivery ASAP.

He's also not sure if I'll need to go in to the Ottawa (newly transformed in to a sales center) location or if I'l get home delivery since it wasn't open when I placed my order and I'm far enough from Montreal; so my account might already be flagged for home delivery.

I totally forgot about asking about adding a trailer hitch without affecting my pre order price. If anyone else gets the call and ask that question ... I'd like to hear the answer.

Once I get the call saying my car is being built, I'll try and remember at that time.

Anyway, the calls are being made so get ready to get yours even though it's just a feeler call as Shayne mentioned.

Cheers.

Well, spoke too soon. Got a call myself today as well.

They basically asked me if I was ready to receive my order as soon as possible or do I want to delay to later in the year. Said they’re trying to gauge how many in Ontario are ready to receive their Y when production resumes (who knows how true that actually is).

LOL I just noticed you joined this group the day you ordered your car ... Makes sense, just funny :)

LOL! That is weird - I honestly don’t recall having done that. Funny thing is I had ordered the Y, but was planning on getting a 3 (which I did last summer) and it was for the 3 that I had joined and really stayed active in some threads.

Strange I called Vancouver and the sales rep there told me he doesn’t think anyone is getting phone calls for any reason and that they don’t have any idea when cars might come. So at least this sales person had no idea anyone was making calls or for what reason.

Strange I called Vancouver and the sales rep there told me he doesn’t think anyone is getting phone calls for any reason and that they don’t have any idea when cars might come. So at least this sales person had no idea anyone was making calls or for what reason.
That's interesting. I'd say maybe one location is trying to get ahead of things but Ontario residents are getting calls, I got a call from Montreal Quebec and I think some others from BC have gotten the call also.

I have to assume that this was a TESLA directive but what do I know. Just happy I'm on a list :D

weird! i received a call from Tesla in Vancouver (Robson) last Wednesday. The guy basically just asked if I'm ready to take delivery in June/July based on the current Covid situation. Given that the factory opens back up soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200422-140603.png
    Screenshot_20200422-140603.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 72
weird! i received a call from Tesla in Vancouver (Robson) last Wednesday. The guy basically just asked if I'm ready to take delivery in June/July based on the current Covid situation. Given that the factory opens back up soon.

yea I can’t remember which location I called in Vancouver, but at least the one sales rep there I spoke with had no idea about any calls going out for that reason. Maybe it’s another staff member or job title making these calls.. I also suspect there was a language barrier because he kept telling me there were no cars delivered to Canada yet.
by the way he asked where I heard this so I gave a shout out to the TMC.

I called the store on 4th in Vancouver, the guy said I was mistaken there are no calls going out and that whatever I heard must of been from the US. He put me on hold to ask someone else too.
LOL well that location is incorrect. Or they aren't ready to make those calls yet and don't want a flurry of calls coming in if someone gets the answers they're looking for by calling the sales centers directly.

They might rather control the traffic of calls by denying until they call you.

LOL well that location is incorrect. Or they aren't ready to make those calls yet and don't want a flurry of calls coming in if someone gets the answers they're looking for by calling the sales centers directly.

They might rather control the traffic of calls by denying until they call you.

That makes sense. The guy I spoke to was rather condescending to me however..
I will try to wait patiently!

Ya "was rather condescending" doesn't help things especially if you're a new customer to TESLA. Hopefully you get your call soon and we all get our cars quickly :)

Funny I just received an email asking to complete a survey on this call. They didn't ask for my contact info, so I guess they got it from caller ID and cross referenced it back to my account, then got my email address?

Anyway, the calls are being made so get ready to get yours even though it's just a feeler call as Shayne mentioned.

Cheers.

I was told they had a meeting with their technical adviser on Friday (last) and would get back to me. Still waiting and not getting too ready for anything at this stage. I am still interested if this company is as good as everyone says, however, to date I have not determine this and require my questions answered eventually. Right now it is still a go if I can get what I want for the substantial cost, however, if they are the soup Nazi from Seinfeld I may not need soup. $3200.00 fully refundable or an additional $90,000.00 (80,000 for them) is my understanding.

Gotsta love that karma!

I received a call about my survey this morning, It's good to know they take them seriously! We had a good chat, he confirmed they ARE making calls, but he said it was not official, they are just wanting to know who is ready to take delivery when they start production again. He didn't offer an ETA. I was asked to make sure my address was also in my contacts however..
Thanks for all who shared about getting calls!
Terry