Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d suspect that Canada doesn’t get these Model Y on a rolling basis like we are seeing in the US?

I’d hope that If Canada East gets 500 and West gets a similar amount then most of us would get taken care of.

If not, September probably fits into Tesla’s “mid-year 2020” timeline.

I’d suspect that Canada doesn’t get these Model Y on a rolling basis like we are seeing in the US?

I’d hope that If Canada East gets 500 and West gets a similar amount then most of us would get taken care of.

If not, September probably fits into Tesla’s “mid-year 2020” timeline.

Urgh, lets hope all the pre orders are in the first batch then. I would be equaly as upset as our US members overlooked by new orders over thier pre orders.

But at the end of the day my family is healthy so all in all I can't complain too hard.

the reason why people on the west coast will get there Model Y soon is so that Tesla can deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the 2nd quarter. They are not able to ship those cars to the east coast as they would never be able to meet the end of June timeline.

Does anyone know what Tesla's delivery protocol is in Canada (BC specifically) during COVID? Seems like many in the US are getting home delivery which I assume isn't an option here because of the way payment/insurance works.

(No VIN yet, but hoping to get one soon, we ordered early 2019 - White LR AWD /w 20" induction)

the reason why people on the west coast will get there Model Y soon is so that Tesla can deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the 2nd quarter. They are not able to ship those cars to the east coast as they would never be able to meet the end of June timeline.
This sounds resonable from a business perspective ... I don't have to like it, but I can understand it.

Reactions: Aleks0404
Does anyone know what Tesla's delivery protocol is in Canada (BC specifically) during COVID? Seems like many in the US are getting home delivery which I assume isn't an option here because of the way payment/insurance works.

(No VIN yet, but hoping to get one soon, we ordered early 2019 - White LR AWD /w 20" induction)

they have contactless service same as when you take your car in to Tesla service. BTW I have the same spec as yours and just finished up entering remaining details in my account; waiting for a VIN now. The rep indicates car will arrive later in the month. A few MY’s are getting delivered in Vancouver next week..

How do you upload your drivers license?

You take a photo of front and back and upload it. The process was very easy with my model 3 (it turned 2 on the 2nd!).

I spoke with Tesla Quebec city at the end of last and they told me that they have confirmation from Tesla that Canada east would have some model y by end of June around 500 and would be perfomance and LR AWD. The rep also said that they should have how many by province by the end of first week of June. But I don't see much moving

I hope my Y will be in there. I think if deliveries start in a month that will be good for my timeline. As long as my loan is approved before my wife goes on mat leave in Nov I will be happy.

I checked my account and noticed that I was able to advance to the next step of the process. I completed the registration details, trade in (no) and payment info. Is the next step to wait for VIN to be assigned?

I pre-ordered in Sept, White/White 19" No FSD

So Exciting !
Waiting to see what I'll get for my trade in ... I hope it doesn't slow things down to much ...
I'm happy that the interest rate is cheaper than I budgeted for. It says someone will contact me in the next 24 hours about my trade ... I assume that will technically mean Monday but I'll be happy to get the call tomorrow if it comes in. I called about insurance and am a little surprised it's going up as much as it is, but I don't think it's that far off from my Q7 when I had that. They also said when prompted, I can use my current policy number to get over that hurdle.

Anyone have experience with timelines after all this informaiton is asked for and provided? Anyone original model 3 owners maybe? Are we looking at the end of June or can it still be possible that we're a few months out?

What rates do you see?
I see:
60 months @4.25%
72 months @4.25%
84 months @4.6%

Those rates are high. You are better off using a line of credit and get 2.45%
On the TMC Canada Community forum people are getting 72 months @2.8%
Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada
Ya the 4.25. I was anticipating 4.6 found somewhere. I know it's high compared to mainstream dealers (Hyundai has .99) but still better than I thought.

I also have a call with my bank to see if it makes sense to use my secure line of credit. I read that using it for a car loan is a bad idea, but want to speak to my financial advisor to get their opinion.

Have you used a line of credit for a car purchase before? If yes, aside from the interest rate, what are the advantages vs disadvantages?

I have put my info into too! All but the financing, I want to wait to see what my bank comes back with, hopefully this won't slow the process.
I tried to search for a VIN but I am not sure if they are the same in Canada, in the US you are supposed to search for 5YJ on Chrome in the code. I checked and didn't see anything.. Has anyone else found a VIN?
Exciting times! Not getting much work done today..