Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the dream!
Since you've been through this before, how long does the contract part normally take to complete once started? I want to call and see if I can get a delivery date but I just hate bugging people just because :/
Its important to remember that your delivery date and assigning you a car seems to be unrelated to completing other steps. As far as I can tell, the only way to find out when your delivery date will be is when they contact you. I feel like I bugged the kind people at Oakville Tesla way too much last time. Im trying to bug them less this time. They'll reach out when a delivery date is near.

I got an email from Credit Karma on Saturday that Scotiabank pulled a credit inquiry on Friday but still no word on financing acceptance in account. Credit score is 861 so why hasn't it been approved yet?
I submitted my credit application on Friday and within an hour or so it was returned approved by Scotia. 72 months at 2.65%. Do you have a flag on your credit file which requires them to contact you prior to extending credit? that can sometimes delay things.

I submitted my credit application on Friday and within an hour or so it was returned approved by Scotia. 72 months at 2.65%. Do you have a flag on your credit file which requires them to contact you prior to extending credit? that can sometimes delay things.
Hmm, you may be correct. I think there was a problem with my Transunion account a few years ago and they put on additional security for my account. Credit Karma does use Transunion for their credit scores.
Tesla Lawrence called me about an hour ago to update my info (which I already did) and I asked him about my credit app and he said he'll look into it.
He said there's no guarantee I'll get the car before the end of this quarter.
Also mentioned that there will be a draw for reservation holders and winner will get delivery filmed by the media.
I laughed and said no thanks!

Hmm, you may be correct. I think there was a problem with my Transunion account a few years ago and they put on additional security for my account. Credit Karma does use Transunion for their credit scores.
Tesla Lawrence called me about an hour ago to update my info (which I already did) and I asked him about my credit app and he said he'll look into it.
He said there's no guarantee I'll get the car before the end of this quarter.
Also mentioned that there will be a draw for reservation holders and winner will get delivery filmed by the media.
I laughed and said no thanks!
hopefully that draw is just in TO, I can't imagine there being that many orders in Ottawa.

Also, I already have a VIN assigned ... I would guess that means there's a car already sitting in Canada with my name on it.

Its important to remember that your delivery date and assigning you a car seems to be unrelated to completing other steps. As far as I can tell, the only way to find out when your delivery date will be is when they contact you. I feel like I bugged the kind people at Oakville Tesla way too much last time. Im trying to bug them less this time. They'll reach out when a delivery date is near.
lol ya I don't want to bother Thomas in Montreal too much either. He's been great but I don't want to push my luck :)
I guess I'll sit tight and keep my fingers crossed that it will be this month.

Still waiting for the trade in value... Crickets here in Vancouver.
I have been fairly disappointed with all my interactions with the Vancouver store so far, so I don't think calling will help my case.
There are so many Tesla's in this city, I am assuming they are swamped.

Any video recommendations on tips and tricks while I wait and wait?

I went for 60 months and got 2.85 - wondering why I didnt get your 2.65. Did you send in fruit basket ?
Muffin basket. But to be serious it may just be the particular loan period they’re trying to prioritize at The moment, or maybe a credit thing like Poncherelly said. No way to know I guess. Have you heard anything about timeline for Toronto yet? Only thing I know is that deliveries will be at the stores and not a big convention centre like with model 3.

Muffin basket. But to be serious it may just be the particular loan period they’re trying to prioritize at The moment, or maybe a credit thing like Poncherelly said. No way to know I guess. Have you heard anything about timeline for Toronto yet? Only thing I know is that deliveries will be at the stores and not a big convention centre like with model 3.
Talked to Dan at Oakville Tesla today - he said they don't want a repeat of Mod 3 deliveries - mayhem. So going to spread the cars over Ontario and try to do home deliveries as much as they can. Gave no timeline, of course. Said they go by train, to likely Chicago, then by truck. Interesting, said that you have VIN, then they can track your car precisely.
I am lurking at that service centre lot at least every 2nd day....

Talked to Dan at Oakville Tesla today - he said they don't want a repeat of Mod 3 deliveries - mayhem. So going to spread the cars over Ontario and try to do home deliveries as much as they can. Gave no timeline, of course. Said they go by train, to likely Chicago, then by truck. Interesting, said that you have VIN, then they can track your car precisely.
Interesting. Maybe I will harass my boy Thomas one more time for an update;).

Yeah my model 3 delivery was a mess. We were waiting around 6 hours before we got our car because they misplaced it. I think Dan might have actually been the supervisor helping us that day. This part of the wait is the toughest. Its so close you can almost touch it.