Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that mean 22k is the max price Tesla is willing to pay for my car?? :'(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-165727.png
    Screenshot_20200610-165727.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 107
Not sure since they would need to register and plate the car for Ontario. I know that was an issue when I bought my motorcycle in Montreal back in the day. Apart from that, I wouldn't be opposed to the drive, FSD should be calibrated well by the time I get home :)

that wasn’t an issue when I bought my Model S. I lived in BC and did all the paperwork. We flew into Toronto and picked up our car at the store; threw on the BC plates, signed some papers and were off.

wow, that's a major lowball. considering an used 2019 Kona EV is still going for at least double that price.
Is that what you're trading in? If they're only offering you half, I'd post it on autotrader and see if you can sell it private before you Y is ready. You can pull your trade out at anytime. As long as you get more than the trade equivalent (you can use my calculator in my signature) then you'll be on top. If they're only offering half of what they sell for, it should sell quick even if discounted.

Reactions: wobuffet
Just accepted trade in evaluation ( got creamed on very clean 2011 mdx ) and sent in insurance.
Waiting now for VIN.
Off topic: mod 3 has no SiriusXm - anyone know if mod Y will have?
Besides a little music I mostly listen to talk on Sirius and AM radio - could end up with neither - I will be lost ...
Model Y will be identical to model 3. Some programs you listen to will be able to stream through tune in radio. One thing you could do if you have a good data plan is stream sirius/xm through your phone and connect via Bluetooth. Spotify (if you're already paying for spotify) through the car is really great for music. The old slacker music streaming wasn't bad (and is still a feature in the car) but being able to listen to full albums is great. In terms of talk radio, tune in has live stations and podcasts. I recommend looking online to see if your favourite programs are available on tune in.

Reactions: Poncherelly
Is it Elon's ego ?
Expensive car - High tech but no CarPlay - no satellite radio - no Waze...
LOL Meh, I don't use any of those anyway :) I tried Android Auto and hated it. I used Sirius in the past and found it not worth the expense for me. I have waze on my cell but rarely use it since I'm not a big driver ... however the one time I was on the 401 and there was an accident, I did try it and it was good to have.

I do use Spotify, Disney and Netflix so I'm happy I can get those :)

Is it Elon's ego ?
Expensive car - High tech but no CarPlay - no satellite radio - no Waze...
Although I think Elon’s ego is outrageous, I don’t see an issue with the set up. I’ve been using my 3 for 2 years now. I’ve had CarPlay in the past and Sirius at other points. There’s nothing in the CarPlay set up I prefer. Your car can read and display new texts. As for waze, the Tesla UI has everything waze has except the police reported and other community reported things. You can open a web browser with teslawaze to have that but for traffic info and navigation, the built in nav is great. When it comes to satellite radio, you have access to lots of satellite stations through tunein, and tons of music through Spotify and slacker. There is plenty of media at your disposal, although maybe not the exact same source you’d access it through. Personally I much prefer it this way.

LOL Meh, I don't use any of those anyway :) I tried Android Auto and hated it. I used Sirius in the past and found it not worth the expense for me. I have waze on my cell but rarely use it since I'm not a big driver ... however the one time I was on the 401 and there was an accident, I did try it and it was good to have.

I do use Spotify, Disney and Netflix so I'm happy I can get those :)
You’ll want to bookmark ABetterTheater.com - Full Screen Apps