Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm checking daily and still hoping to see that vin. One thing I noticed was that when I check the account on my mobile it shows the address for Vancouver Great Northern way but when I check on desktop it's not there. So strange. Anyone else show an Tesla address?
I live in Ontario and I have no such address(local of course). In fact no address is listed. I'll be curious if one shows up though since I'm still not sure if it can be picked up in Ottawa or if it'll be a home delivery.

Homelink thaht is cool will wait a bit. i have purchase tesmat so you can go sleeping when bikng.I saw the echohitch steal hitch that the one I would take ig look pretty coolhttps://shop.teslarati.com/products/torklift-tesla-model-y-tow-hitch

Not to expensive took also a protecting screen for the 15 inch screen in the front
Ya I saw that hitch also and am considering it. It would work fine for a bike rack but you'll need to splice in the harness for lights for a trailer. Due to that, I'm going to see how long TESLA takes and charges for the gem set up.

Also once I get a delivery date, I'll schedule an appointment for the clear film protection and front window tinting to match the rears :)

Winter tires and floor mats will still be in the list as well as many other options I'm sure will come to mind later LOL.

I'm checking daily and still hoping to see that vin. One thing I noticed was that when I check the account on my mobile it shows the address for Vancouver Great Northern way but when I check on desktop it's not there. So strange. Anyone else show an Tesla address?
Looks like I spoke to soon. MY address is now appearing there. Looks like I might be getting a home delivery :). If that's what that address means anyway.

Any other Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa people have a sales center address there instead of their own?

Looks like I spoke to soon. MY address is now appearing there. Looks like I might be getting a home delivery :). If that's what that address means anyway.

Any other Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa people have a sales center address there instead of their own?
My address is listed as Bellevile but I called and he said I would be getting delivery in Toronto. No idea when that will be though.

Ya I saw that hitch also and am considering it. It would work fine for a bike rack but you'll need to splice in the harness for lights for a trailer. Due to that, I'm going to see how long TESLA takes and charges for the gem set up.

Also once I get a delivery date, I'll schedule an appointment for the clear film protection and front window tinting to match the rears :)

Winter tires and floor mats will still be in the list as well as many other options I'm sure will come to mind later LOL.
With that hitch there is an option for harnest and light. I am going to take that option. I need also for bikes vut for trailer also boat etc I am sure that one will do the job as for the tesla hitch can take months and years before they sell it. I think they are more preocupy to focus on car making

Heads up to anyone else in BC, if you're considering getting BCAA optional insurance (vs ICBC) I would call ahead once you have your VIN. I called on Friday and the MY isn't in their system yet, so the rep had to call underwriting and is waiting to hear back still. Not too worried, we'll likely just get ICBC base+optional on delivery then call BCAA to swap it over once we're home.

Reactions: wobuffet
i agree to 900/day!!! How is it feel to sit in one? A lot dofferent then model 3?

why not 900/day.

If they have capacity to make 400,000 a year, and assuming this is the most in demand model, they are making well over 1000 vehicles a day in total, so not far fetched that they are pushing 900/day model y’s. The VIN numbers have gone up a lot since they reopened. We are lucky that they prioritized Canada by getting one here for mid June, I assumed they would as putting vehicles on the road is their best (only) advertizement. Even if we have it trickle up north slowly, makes sence to get them on the road here as fast as they could.

I feel your pain, checking daily, no VIN yet, ordered day 2. It seems several in Vancouver are getting deliveries.
My 2 issues, I sold my car privately but I was able to negotiate keeping it until month end, also, I was told my financing expires end of June, however nobody is saying anything about that.
I think they're just hoping that we all get them this month.
The good news is end of quarter numbers need to be ramped up.
My advisor said they are pumping out 900/day. I don't think that's possible, however I believe they are trying. Fingers crossed for all of us!!
I saw sat in one yesterday, just made me want it more!
Also the stereo sounds awesome!

I already posted above why 900/day isn’t unrealistic. Keep in mind, all Y’e are for NA only, they said Asian and European delivery is only goig to start once Shanghai and Berlic can produce them, if we dont get it by end of June, which I suspect I wont, as soon as end of quarter rush is fone they will make and ship ours, so mid July should be realistic.

I already posted above why 900/day isn’t unrealistic. Keep in mind, all Y’e are for NA only, they said Asian and European delivery is only goig to start once Shanghai and Berlic can produce them, if we dont get it by end of June, which I suspect I wont, as soon as end of quarter rush is fone they will make and ship ours, so mid July should be realistic.
Fair point, I guess it just seems like a high number. That makes me feel better, thanks!

Just got this text!!!

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

• Informative
Reactions: wobuffet
omg just got the same text!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-130328.png
    Screenshot_20200614-130328.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 77