Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted mine a week ago Friday, they got back to me last Wednesday. the offer was really low but I took it so I could move it along. On Thursday I decided to try to sell it privately, I posted it on Autotrader and sold it same day for 50% more. So i called Tesla and had them reject the trade in. As of this morning I am still waiting for my VIN, I did get the text saying they expect MY to be built within 7 days.
Its a tough wait, seeing everyone getting their VINs.
How did you like posting on autotrader? I thought about doing it but wasn't sure if it was worth all the hassle of low ball offers, people want to test drive, etc.

How did you like posting on autotrader? I thought about doing it but wasn't sure if it was worth all the hassle of low ball offers, people want to test drive, etc.
Honestly I thought I had nothing to lose, First couple came out to see it, drove it, made an offer. I took it with condition that I could keep it until the end of the month assuming I'd have MY by then, now I'm worried I'll be car less..

Last edited:
I received that exact same email from the same person. Contacted my lender, paused my automatic payments, sent Jin a screenshot of the amount. I haven’t heard back yet (it’s only been an hour though, and it’s still early in California).
What do you mean paused payment? Did you call your bank and stopped payment for your current car? What if the trade is not done before the next payment? Sorry for dumb question just want to make sure what I'm doing. Thank you

What do you mean paused payment? Did you call your bank and stopped payment for your current car? What if the trade is not done before the next payment? Sorry for dumb question just want to make sure what I'm doing. Thank you

My current lender recommended that if Tesla is going to pay it off in the next 10 days (before June 26), that I cancel the payments since the next one would go out on June 22. And if that were to happen, the amount I told Tesla wouldn’t be valid anymore. They reassured me that I wouldn’t get hit on any fees for late payment until after the 26th.

And I can still make a manual payment if Tesla is dragging their feet.

My current lender recommended that if Tesla is going to pay it off in the next 10 days (before June 26), that I cancel the payments since the next one would go out on June 22. And if that were to happen, the amount I told Tesla wouldn’t be valid anymore. They reassured me that I wouldn’t get hit on any fees for late payment until after the 26th.

And I can still make a manual payment if Tesla is dragging their feet.
Thank you so much for explaining that, gonna bug you with one more, did you personally go to the dealership or called?

If you get a delivery date I'm going to call and ask for one also. I just don't want to be pushy ... just yet ;)

you should call and get a delivery date if you pick it up in Montreal if you wait then all booking are full. That is what they sais to me. Even if the car is supposed to arrive June 19 they can't deliver June 20 because it is already full of appointement, my best bet is arriving before so I get it before.

you should call and get a delivery date if you pick it up in Montreal if you wait then all booking are full. That is what they sais to me. Even if the car is supposed to arrive June 19 they can't deliver June 20 because it is already full of appointement, my best bet is arriving before so I get it before.
Might actually take longer for a mtl delivery since they'd have to register me in Ontario and get my plates shipped. Ahh, so frustrating having to wait even though it's completely irrational of me LOL.

Hi everyone I'm new here and I got an email last night from someone in Fremont CA about my Honda Pilot I put in for Trade-in, he said

"Hi

Welcome to Tesla Family!

My name is Jin, contacting you from Tesla Funding Team. I hope this email finds you and your family well.

I am reaching out to you in regards to collecting payout information for your trade-in vehicle.

Would you please contact your lender, Honda Financial Services Canada, and request a 10 days payout statement ?

[Please Note] If you have access to this loan information through website or mobile app, please provide us with a screenshot or an image of payout statement for verification purpose.

We need the information in order to proceed the final trading process. And once we have the document, we will finalize your delivery as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance, and please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have further concern.

All my best,"
this is the first time I'm doing trade-in and have no idea, any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I received the same email. I am wondering if there is an issue with Honda getting payout requests back to Tesla. I ended up having to pull a payout statement from my honda finance profile and send it.

I now have my HomeLink and roof racks. Maybe TESLA should have shipped my car via FedEX LOL.

haha no we are very rational after a long wait like that and not for nothing :):):):) It is not myne yet but it's comming!!!!
modely.jpg

Reactions: rxlawdude