Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 3 VIN’s I got in the photos are 11863(blue), 11865(blue), 11905 (msm). The 3rd blue was being pulled inside as I pulled up so I didn’t catch that VIN. Those are awfully close together to be at the same location, delivered at the same time and produced 1 day apart.

impression of size, quite a bit bigger then m3, great height and mean presence, especially the pup. We were planning to go with X before switching to Y and this is not much smaller.
i just saw a picture of a 4 blue y outside posted today on tesmanian blog site the vin was 11857 that is less then 10 my vin it does show a vin sequence car was also in oakville

i just saw a picture of a 4 blue y outside posted today on tesmanian blog site the vin was 11857 that is less then 10 my vin it does show a vin sequence car was also in oakville
Likely the one that they were pulling into the service bay as I pulled up. I saw 3 blue in total, two of which I shared pics of VIN’s. I just didn’t bother to go in to check the VIN, the one I could see best was the MSM that wasn’t parked between other cars. I am worried about curb rash on the 21” wheels, they will be unforgiving!

Alright, while my husband is inside doing the boring stuff like getting our insurance set up here it is! Knock on wood, so far so good. Didn’t find any paint issues thankfully. Couple of small alignment issues along the window trim and with the tail lights. Also the larger side of the back row won’t pop down (it disengages but is too snug to pop forward at all). Pretty relieved! They said they’ll document with photos and arrange for us to come back to have it resolved (they offered mobile service but we live in a condo). Honestly I’m relieved because after the horror stories I’ve read I wasn’t getting my hopes up and we were preparing ourselves to go home without a car today. I think there’s one or two other white MYs in the lot but mainly M3 and MX.
View attachment 552937 View attachment 552938 View attachment 552939

beautiful!! Congrats!

Hows the fit and finish? the backseat level?
Overall better than expected. The window trim was SLIGHTLY off in one spot, we didn't flag it. The tail lights were misaligned and one was actually loose so they fixed it right away. The charge port door isn't fully aligned but they said is within spec (and it actually got a bit better once they fixed the tail light). Backseat won't disengage on one side but they said all the MYs they had were like this and they think is due to the leather being stiff (bit dubious about this one...will see if it improves). No panel gaps or paint issues!

Overall better than expected. The window trim was SLIGHTLY off in one spot, we didn't flag it. The tail lights were misaligned and one was actually loose so they fixed it right away. The charge port door isn't fully aligned but they said is within spec (and it actually got a bit better once they fixed the tail light). Backseat won't disengage on one side but they said all the MYs they had were like this and they think is due to the leather being stiff (bit dubious about this one...will see if it improves). No panel gaps or paint issues!
Happy for you that there are limited issues. Hopefully mine will be the same.

I think for you it will be much faster because you are in BC your are close to the factory. For us it is longer transportation
This is true, my only hope is that they are focusing on the east now and the west next week as an end of quarter push, I did get the text saying it is expected to be built this week, however I don't know if it is worth anything.
My anxiety about this is that I sold my car privately due to the low trade in, so I will not have any car after June 30th... Otherwise I would be much less stressed. I shouldn't have sold my car I think..

This is true, my only hope is that they are focusing on the east now and the west next week as an end of quarter push, I did get the text saying it is expected to be built this week, however I don't know if it is worth anything.
My anxiety about this is that I sold my car privately due to the low trade in, so I will not have any car after June 30th... Otherwise I would be much less stressed. I shouldn't have sold my car I think..
yes that give you a very good idea. On a previous post you see that cars made June 3 are in Oakville ONT. Mine is almos also made June 3 with my vin so close then the one in Oakvile and still not arrived in MOntreal. Only a 1000 km away. so if it take 14 days from Freemont to Oakville should take less then a week to get in Bc

Just got a call from Tesla Montreal. They told me to keep making payments to my current car and that they’d update the trade-in numbers when my delivery is scheduled. The said that I can expect my car between July and September.

That could still mean I’d have it in a few weeks, or two months from now. I’m not mad about it though, I’m a patient man :) Maybe they can fix some of the QA issues before they produce my car.

Just got a call from Tesla Montreal. They told me to keep making payments to my current car and that they’d update the trade-in numbers when my delivery is scheduled. The said that I can expect my car between July and September.

That could still mean I’d have it in a few weeks, or two months from now. I’m not mad about it though, I’m a patient man :) Maybe they can fix some of the QA issues before they produce my car.
Remind me, do you already have a VIN and when did you order? If so, what's the range? I'm still waiting for confirmation on where mine is.

Ordered July 7, cheapest LR AWD option available, Black/Black,no FSD,No financing, no trade in.. Checked last night, no VIN, wife got a text this morning saying the car is going to Great Northern way in Vancouver and is ready for us to schedule pickup. Checked the VIN today and its in the source code.

Ordered July 7, cheapest LR AWD option available, Black/Black,no FSD,No financing, no trade in.. Checked last night, no VIN, wife got a text this morning saying the car is going to Great Northern way in Vancouver and is ready for us to schedule pickup. Checked the VIN today and its in the source code.
Maybe this will happen for me too, no VIN, just delivery!.. Dare to dream!

Well I got a txt back but he only thanks me for reminding him that it's to go to Ottawa. I asked if there was any visibility on where the car is assuming it's left the factory ... I hope he's able to answer that question for me.
Getting a call at 3:30 (1 hour from now) for an update. I hope to know at that time if I'm on a truck or somewhere in California.

Needless to say, I'll certainly update everyone on what information I'm able to get.

On a side note, I sent the person who's been helping me stay off the ledge an Uber Gift card to say thanks. Just wanted to put that out there.