Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice selection. I'm going to try and make my own plate bracket, I really hate wheel locks, I've scheduled the homelink install for this friday and have the roof rack in the garage waiting for the need to install it:). I also spoke to the TELUS sales guy today and he believes the trailer hitch will be available for install soon for around 1
$1600. I've considered the less expensive one, but if it's available soon I'll wait for the OEM.
Totally go OEM, few hundred more who cares, liability wise you have a real company that stands behind a product. I was 50/50 on wheel locks, especially considering most people dont like the 21” wheels, but i really like them! Also wheel locks arent visible on wheels, they hide behind cap. I’m last in line here I guess, pickup Monday.

Did you update the checklist? I wouldn’t mind having the latest one when I show up with a magnifying glass and a micrometer.

Totally go OEM, few hundred more who cares, liability wise you have a real company that stands behind a product. I was 50/50 on wheel locks, especially considering most people dont like the 21” wheels, but i really like them! Also wheel locks arent visible on wheels, they hide behind cap. I’m last in line here I guess, pickup Monday.

Did you update the checklist? I wouldn’t mind having the latest one when I show up with a magnifying glass and a micrometer.
Ya I used to work in a shop and rusted lock nuts were my nemesis.

I haven't touched the check list since I last shared it ... happy to update it if there's anything missing though. Or happy to pass it down to the next owner:).

I haven't touched the check list since I last shared it ... happy to update it if there's anything missing though. Or happy to pass it down to the next owner:).
I have to swap wheels every season, unlikely they would rust. I hope they are ss, they looked like it in the photo.
Sounds good, it looked comorehensive, I’ll take it with me. The wife will be the tough one, she is already 50/50 that we may have to walk, since I posted the oic of the mismatched door. I think it will be unlikely it gets to that.

I just noticed on the Costco magazine that the 3D maxpider will be $50 off at the end of July. Hopefully they will get the model y version in Canada by then.

Attachments

• 15932713004386158075218212152504.jpg
    15932713004386158075218212152504.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 76

Got an FSD question for you, will that feature auto park and summon a vehicle in and out of the car automatically if its a 90 degree reverse parking situation?

this is not my house, but essentially reversing into this and pulling out so you face street.

1FBFC24B-CF65-4F4D-95EE-59EA1C5EA6AA.jpeg

For those who picked up in Ottawa, did you have to finalize all your paperwork etc with SA in Toronto or Montreal before delivery date so when you showed up you got key card and that is basic it?
I was told my MY would be ready for pickup in Ottawa on June 30, but when I told them I wanted to inspect the car before signing and paying, they said I would have to take delivery in Toronto. So they released my car to someone else and now I'm back in the queue. I don't know why the Ottawa site can't accept a cheque and signature after inspection. How hard is that?

As for Toronto vs. Montreal, I think they're sending me to Toronto because Montreal can't get Ontario plates. Montreal got Ontario plates for my Model S in 2013, but they were probably actually done in Toronto and shipped to Montreal.

I was told my MY would be ready for pickup in Ottawa on June 30, but when I told them I wanted to inspect the car before signing and paying, they said I would have to take delivery in Toronto. So they released my car to someone else and now I'm back in the queue. I don't know why the Ottawa site can't accept a cheque and signature after inspection. How hard is that?

As for Toronto vs. Montreal, I think they're sending me to Toronto because Montreal can't get Ontario plates. Montreal got Ontario plates for my Model S in 2013, but they were probably actually done in Toronto and shipped to Montreal.

I'm supposed to pick up on Monday in Ottawa but haven't got final paperwork for financing etc so given its the weekend I assume my delivery will be delayed.

Got an FSD question for you, will that feature auto park and summon a vehicle in and out of the car automatically if its a 90 degree reverse parking situation?

this is not my house, but essentially reversing into this and pulling out so you face street.

View attachment 557159
I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I haven't played with the feature yet. I think basic summon it straight front / back where advance summon is more about moving through obstacles.