Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my DA told me that my car has left Ontario and is on the way to Quebec. Once it arrives at Quebec they will do inspection (???) and send it for home delivery to New Brunswick.

considering Ontario to Quebec is hardly 10 hours drive, I am hoping to get delivery by this weekend.

Anyone who has already received their vehicle, were you given an option to pay the down payment or final payment online via ACH, or only by bank draft/certified cheque at the time of pick up?
I don’t know what ACH is but when I said I wanted to pay by bank draft after inspecting the car, I was told I would have to take delivery in Toronto. If I was willing to wire the money and sign the papers online in advance, I could have taken delivery in Ottawa where I live. The MVPA says: “Your final Model Y payment is due at delivery in the form of a certified cheque or bank draft. You may also submit advance payment via wire transfer.”

Jeezus! Lucky! I ordered day 1 back in Mar of last year and I'm still waiting! :( VIN got reassigned last week so back in the queue...*sighz*...oh well...keep saving! :rolleyes:
I was actually offered delivery on June 30 but declined because I would have had to pay in advance. I think the factory is making car configurations in batches and certain configs came out earlier so yes, I was just lucky!

I don’t know what ACH is but when I said I wanted to pay by bank draft after inspecting the car, I was told I would have to take delivery in Toronto. If I was willing to wire the money and sign the papers online in advance, I could have taken delivery in Ottawa where I live. The MVPA says: “Your final Model Y payment is due at delivery in the form of a certified cheque or bank draft. You may also submit advance payment via wire transfer.”

I live in Ottawa as well and was told that wire was the only option because the service center here cannot process the cheque..

Thanks for the reply!

From what I can tell, ACH is a form of direct electronic payment that works like an e-cheque, but is perhaps only available to folks in the US.

I am picking up Toronto anyways, so I will probably just go with the bank draft, but I was kind of hoping for something more convenient that wouldn’t require me to go to the bank. I would do wire transfer, but my account is still in “drafting up your contract” status despite the fact that I am supposed to take delivery on Saturday. Ah well!

Has anyone had issue getting PPF done? I had reached out to the guy that did PPF on my last Honda. At first he said he would be able to do it but when I emailed him to update when I was getting my car he said he was passing now because of a warning on his system that Tesla paint can be damaged or removed during the process of applying the PPF. He mentioned that it appears this is limited to the model y.

Has anyone had issue getting PPF done? I had reached out to the guy that did PPF on my last Honda. At first he said he would be able to do it but when I emailed him to update when I was getting my car he said he was passing now because of a warning on his system that Tesla paint can be damaged or removed during the process of applying the PPF. He mentioned that it appears this is limited to the model y.
Just saved me $4500

That seems crazy - first I’ve heard of this and I believe many people have already had PPF done..

The shop I went to mentioned the same but not limited to the model Y. He showed a few pictures where the front fender peeled (model 3 - none of his projects yet) but mentioned XPEL has been directing him to give prospective customers a heads up.

Anyone know where the best website to order Maxpider mats for us Canadians?
Seems like most wont ship to Canada, and cross border pickup is not an option right now..
It will be Costco.ca when they come into stock. No need for membership when ordering these mats and Costco.ca often have sales like right now $40 off but they only have the Model 3 mats for now. I love my Maxpider floor mats in my Model 3. Intend on getting the same this winter for my ordered MY. Luckily the MY comes with summer mats when the SR+ didn't.