Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too!

My car arrived in Ottawa a week ago but the license and registration didn't arrive until today. FWIW I ordered mine on Apr 1, 2020. 4 1/2 months. Not bad I guess.

Were you there around 4pm? There were at least 2 (maybe 3!) other people picking up a Y at the same time. Any issues with yours? I am about to do a full inspection shortly (tried to do earlier but with the sun against the white car it was literally blinding and couldn't see a thing!)

Were you there around 4pm? There were at least 2 (maybe 3!) other people picking up a Y at the same time. Any issues with yours? I am about to do a full inspection shortly (tried to do earlier but with the sun against the white car it was literally blinding and couldn't see a thing!)

I was and there were at least two other people picking up Model Y's when I arrived so one of them was probably you.

Congrats on your new car!

Unfortunately we discovered a pretty major issue with our car. The driver's side rear door had a pretty major dent in it. Someone had obviously driven into in the parking lot. Apart from that the car looked good so that was pretty disappointing to say the least. I decided not to accept the car until it was resolved. I'm still working with Tesla to figure what to do about it. New car or replace the door?

I was and there were at least two other people picking up Model Y's when I arrived so one of them was probably you.

Congrats on your new car!

Unfortunately we discovered a pretty major issue with our car. The driver's side rear door had a pretty major dent in it. Someone had obviously driven into in the parking lot. Apart from that the car looked good so that was pretty disappointing to say the least. I decided not to accept the car until it was resolved. I'm still working with Tesla to figure what to do about it. New car or replace the door?

Yikes that's awful! I assume they can replace the door.

Is yours white with black rims?

OOooo...please keep me updated if you get your car soon! I ordered Day 1 and am still waiting...:(...exact same config!

Hey! I just got a delivery date appointment for 2 weeks from now: 28 Aug 2020. No VIN confirmed yet though.

Maybe they just did a batch of Red w White Interior for Canada? Keep an eye out!

29 days from order date is quicker than I thought so we'll see.

Hey! I just got a delivery date appointment for 2 weeks from now: 28 Aug 2020. No VIN confirmed yet though.

Maybe they just did a batch of Red w White Interior for Canada? Keep an eye out!

29 days from order date is quicker than I thought so we'll see.
Thanks for thinking of me! I did too! I would like to think that your order tipped them over the edge to batch create a shipment just for us! I chose the 28th to pick it up as well! You picking up at Lawrence? I actually found my VIN via my MVPA which showed up in as a link my account page. Maybe you can find yours there?

Cheers!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Thanks for thinking of me! I did too! I would like to think that your order tipped them over the edge to batch create a shipment just for us! I chose the 28th to pick it up as well! You picking up at Lawrence? I actually found my VIN via my MVPA which showed up in as a link my account page. Maybe you can find yours there?

Cheers!

Thanks! No MVPA link yet, still the order agreement. Just the delivery appointment changed. It’s all good, this happened with my Model 3 too and everything worked out.

I’ll be at Lawrence too after work. Hope all goes well!

Cheers!

Got the VIN today when I called about a change in financing. Looks like it the car was built the same day as yours (29121) ;)

Today's my birthday, but got a call yesterday saying my MY will be ready for pickup on Friday! Longest. Week. Ever.

VIN: 36700 and change.
Options: MSM, Inductions, Tow Hitch.

Car was born Aug 15.

I'm on Vancouver Island. Originally ordered white on July 16. Changed to MSM on July 17. Upgraded to 20" Inductions on July 27. Order date in my agreement says July 27.

Today's my birthday, but got a call yesterday saying my MY will be ready for pickup on Friday! Longest. Week. Ever.

VIN: 36700 and change.
Options: MSM, Inductions, Tow Hitch.

Car was born Aug 15.

I'm on Vancouver Island. Originally ordered white on July 16. Changed to MSM on July 17. Upgraded to 20" Inductions on July 27. Order date in my agreement says July 27.

Just got my VIN today; 368xx. Born on Aug 15. Delivery on Sep. 2.
Seems your car and mine were made the same day. Please let me know how your delivery goes, should be a goof indicator of quality. Good luck with yours.

Just got my VIN today; 368xx. Born on Aug 15. Delivery on Sep. 2.
Seems your car and mine were made the same day. Please let me know how your delivery goes, should be a goof indicator of quality. Good luck with yours.

Twinsies! I'll try to remember to let you know. Remind me this weekend, because I may be a teeny bit distracted!

Car arrived in Vancouver today and is being prepped. Going to take the seaplane over and get Luna the Electric Moonbeast on Friday afternoon!

• Love