Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the last 3 digits of the Tesla vins run sequentially, if yes, wondering where the first 136 are?
I'm guessing show rooms and other customers. Only a small fraction of people are active on Tesla forums and Facebook groups so I'm sure majority of Austin VINs go unnoticed. My MYP EDD is end of March so I wonder how many Austin Model Y's will be delivered over the next few weeks. Surprised that Austin VIN got assigned out in Colorado.. thought it would start out slowly in east coast.

Reactions: JDL@h
Screenshot_20220225-205848_Facebook.jpg
let's gooooooo. Yea the fb account looks legit

I’ll stand by my statement above and wait for the apology. The guy is no more in the know then anyone else. He is your typical social media guy that likes clicks, follows hearts and thumbs up and when they are wrong no one ever holds them accountable to the wrong information they just move on down the road. Again I will wait for one to actually show up.
Hi. Wanted to provide an update for everyone. What happened earlier today was clear miscommunication on my part with my source. I sent my source the VIN, he said yeah all Austin VINs have an A and it looked real to him. I made a mistake by not asking him directly after that if he had actually looked it up in the Tesla database/system to see if that VIN has actually been assigned. That source and I have a long history together and he's been very trustworthy/accurate in the past, but clearly not this time. I take full blame though. After I tweeted out my BREAKING, he wrote back and said he couldn't find it in the system, which is why I deleted my tweet and followed it up with the tweet below:

Anyway, I tweeted out prematurely and I shouldn't have. It was a rookie move not to check with even more sources, especially since something like this is a big deal and there have been many false alarms in recent weeks regarding Austin VINs. I know a lot of TMC/reddit members are ROASTING me right now lol, and I understand why. Anyway, thanks for listening. Have a good one!

Hi. Wanted to provide an update for everyone. What happened earlier today was clear miscommunication on my part with my source. I sent my source the VIN, he said yeah all Austin VINs have an A and it looked real to him. I made a mistake by not asking him directly after that if he had actually looked it up in the Tesla database/system to see if that VIN has actually been assigned. That source and I have a long history together and he's been very trustworthy/accurate in the past, but clearly not this time. I take full blame though. After I tweeted out my BREAKING, he wrote back and said he couldn't find it in the system, which is why I deleted my tweet and followed it up with the tweet below:

Anyway, I tweeted out prematurely and I shouldn't have. It was a rookie move not to check with even more sources, especially since something like this is a big deal and there have been many false alarms in recent weeks regarding Austin VINs. I know a lot of TMC/reddit members are ROASTING me right now lol, and I understand why. Anyway, thanks for listening. Have a good one!
Mistakes happen bro! We know you're out here doing your best to provide us the best information we are all going crazy about. We appreciate you!

Please have your source check that new VIN posted right above your post! Thanks in advance

Reactions: voxel

Unless he paid you to provide him accurate information, it's pretty selfish for him to think you owe him an apology.

Respect, Sawyer! Nice of you to clarify

It's okay bro. Welcome to the party. We're all waiting for the first "official" vin.

Reactions: Farslasher

Thanks for the transparency, that’s a classy posting.
It was totally understandable, especially as, since you pointed out on twitter, the timing is right for these to start popping up... as apparently we have seen with the Colorado one now. Which seems to be on up and up for now.
It’s easy to get sucked in when some idiot decides to do something like creating a fake VIN to stir talk..... as it really makes no sense for someone to waste their time doing something so meaningless. Onward and upward....

let's gooooooo. Yea the fb account looks legit
This one checks out on the VIN check digit decoder, and the Facebook account is not brand new. Guess time will tell, for sure Tesla won't just assign a single VIN when they do start rolling out.

Hi. Wanted to provide an update for everyone...
...I know a lot of TMC/reddit members are ROASTING me right now lol, and I understand why. Anyway, thanks for listening. Have a good one!
and I was definitely one of them busting your balls for calling this one legit when it was very clearly faked. Props for coming around and explaining the situation and clarifying things, not many will own up to their own mistakes these days :)

This one checks out on the VIN check digit decoder, and the Facebook account is not brand new. Guess time will tell, for sure Tesla won't just assign a single VIN when they do start rolling out.

and I was definitely one of them busting your balls for calling this one legit when it was very clearly faked. Props for coming around and explaining the situation and clarifying things, not many will own up to their own mistakes these days :)
Now I guess we have to start wrapping our heads around what it means that one of the first is a white MYP. Solodog your own MYP timing came close...
Of course ....now in one of the other threads someone is wondering how the Colorado guy got a VIN and still has an EDD showing that is a full month.

First of all welcome to the forum. Secondly it takes a man to post what you did and I also totally respect that. Water under the bridge in my book and hope in the future all goes well with your Intel and knowledge you can provide. Much respect and have a great day.

A poster on reddit just said: "I got my Austin vin this morning for white LR black interior." his location is Charlotte. Don't know anything else.

Edit: Comment was deleted after 10 mins, looks like they realized it was not Austin

Last edited: