Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just returning from a lease transfer at MB Oakville, which is on the other side of Dorval from Tesla Oakville. Happened to see this truck of Model Ys turning onto Wyecroft Rd in the opposite direction on Wyecroft from Tesla Oakville (should've turned left from southbound Dorval onto Wyecroft instead of right). Seems they're stashing them at this fenced off yard? Or PDI stuff maybe?

Hoping one of them is mine, but I don't see a VIN using the source code trick (does it even work still?).

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-07-20-12-40-08.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-07-20-12-40-08.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PHOTO-2020-07-20-12-40-07.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-07-20-12-40-07.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 65
Ok, quick update:

1) one of those Ys could have been mine - just got the txt from Tesla to schedule our delivery date. Aug 1 was the earliest we could go to get it from Tesla Oakville. Ordered black with white interior, LR AWD, no FSD.

2) I still don't see the VIN using the old trick - perhaps they fixed that, or the car is literally going to be produced, registered, shipped, and arrive in 1.5 weeks. I guess not out of the question...

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I ended up cancelling my 7-seat model Y reservation.

The launch appears to be coming up in the fall and I’m still not convinced its going to work for a family with three small kids. Have a larger suv leased until next summer.

Hopefully someone gets a 7-seat model and can provide feedback on car seats at some point.

I ended up cancelling my 7-seat model Y reservation.

The launch appears to be coming up in the fall and I’m still not convinced its going to work for a family with three small kids. Have a larger suv leased until next summer.

Hopefully someone gets a 7-seat model and can provide feedback on car seats at some point.

Having taken a test drive, I would say that the only way it would work is if they move the middle row forward (ie. a sliding middle row) to scavenge space for the 3rd row (if forward facing). My 2 growing kids (as well as adults) fit quite comfortably in the back of the 5 seater without a problem, but 3 across will be a bit of a tight squeeze and the 3rd row would be tight every which way. The other aspect is if you're intending on holding onto the vehicle, your kids will outgrow it once they get into their teenage years.

New/used Model X as an option?

Having taken a test drive, I would say that the only way it would work is if they move the middle row forward (ie. a sliding middle row) to scavenge space for the 3rd row (if forward facing). My 2 growing kids (as well as adults) fit quite comfortably in the back of the 5 seater without a problem, but 3 across will be a bit of a tight squeeze and the 3rd row would be tight every which way. The other aspect is if you're intending on holding onto the vehicle, your kids will outgrow it once they get into their teenage years.

New/used Model X as an option?

Yep, I think the X is the only option for us — holding off a new order until we actually need another vehicle next year or it gets updated.

So what happened?

Alright, so, I didn’t reject it. Photos to come after I wash it (had a few bugs from the drive up the 400 to cottage country).

My experience was mixed. They were behind in our delivery time, so we test drove a blue one around Oakville, and it was glorious. My first time in a Y — the braking was weird at first, but I figured it out.
Eventually we got our delivery SA to go over the basics. We sat in our LR and listened to him go on and on about silly things. The most useful was autopilot and charging 90/10.

When it came time to inspection, he gave us 5 mins, and I was like you’re funny bud. No glass issues. Some misalignment on the right side, some paint scuffs near taillight. And the hood was misaligned slightly in the right side. No major interior problems I could spot. There were other issues like residue film or plastic in the gaps from when they peeled it off and did a *sugar* job. So we’ll submit to service and get it properly taken care of. Overall, it’s slightly disappointing that a car that costs this much has such poor QC, but it was nothing major, and the drive alone makes up for it. I now see what everyone says about Tesla and why there are fanboys and girls all over the net. This thing is legit.

There was a guy at Oakville who bought an X for his wife/partner as a present — that was a hilarious IG set up lol.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Alright, so, I didn’t reject it. Photos to come after I wash it (had a few bugs from the drive up the 400 to cottage country).

My experience was mixed. They were behind in our delivery time, so we test drove a blue one around Oakville, and it was glorious. My first time in a Y — the braking was weird at first, but I figured it out.
Eventually we got our delivery SA to go over the basics. We sat in our LR and listened to him go on and on about silly things. The most useful was autopilot and charging 90/10.

When it came time to inspection, he gave us 5 mins, and I was like you’re funny bud. No glass issues. Some misalignment on the right side, some paint scuffs near taillight. And the hood was misaligned slightly in the right side. No major interior problems I could spot. There were other issues like residue film or plastic in the gaps from when they peeled it off and did a *sugar* job. So we’ll submit to service and get it properly taken care of. Overall, it’s slightly disappointing that a car that costs this much has such poor QC, but it was nothing major, and the drive alone makes up for it. I now see what everyone says about Tesla and why there are fanboys and girls all over the net. This thing is legit.

There was a guy at Oakville who bought an X for his wife/partner as a present — that was a hilarious IG set up lol.

Good to hear the issues are getting more minor. Are you a 27xxx VIN? Higher/lower? I'm supposed to take delivery tomorrow and have yet to even hear from my DA!

Good to hear the issues are getting more minor. Are you a 27xxx VIN? Higher/lower? I'm supposed to take delivery tomorrow and have yet to even hear from my DA!

I’m a 27xxx

most of the issues I have have been reported elsewhere, so they’re getting better, but still rushing. There looked to be excess marks from the storage compound and wash marks from their terrible car washing infrastructure at Oakville.

Reactions: oakvillemike
Anyone here in Canada get a text message from Tesla about additional delays for Model Y orders? I didn't. Ordered 13 July the off the shelf config + tow hitch. 4 weeks and radio silence for now.

Make sure your contact info is up to date. I had a call from a DA in Montreal the day after I ordered around the same time as you. The main reason was because I apparently missed a bit on the "Thanks for your order" screen where you're supposed to select a delivery location but she was also helpful with other questions about the trade etc to get my order all ship-shape.

Is your order all completed - trade-in and credit application (if applicable) all done? If you PM me I can give you the cell # for the DA in Montreal.

Make sure your contact info is up to date. I had a call from a DA in Montreal the day after I ordered around the same time as you. The main reason was because I apparently missed a bit on the "Thanks for your order" screen where you're supposed to select a delivery location but she was also helpful with other questions about the trade etc to get my order all ship-shape.

Is your order all completed - trade-in and credit application (if applicable) all done? If you PM me I can give you the cell # for the DA in Montreal.
Have you received any text message about additional delays to delivery like the US customers have been getting?