Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR built in Giga Austin!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my LR MY VIN today! Coming from Austin and I am in FL. EDD Aug 2 - 6 at this time: 7SAYGDEE3NA006xxx

Attachments

• 57C128E9-8603-413B-9328-3071F9A10656.jpeg
    57C128E9-8603-413B-9328-3071F9A10656.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 162
  • FB633CEB-6A6C-4236-8CB2-7C290E3CAB59.jpeg
    FB633CEB-6A6C-4236-8CB2-7C290E3CAB59.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 122
Shucks,

Within 3 days of a 2 week window, now pushed to Sept to Oct. This is the second time I get close to the 2 week window and am then pushed out a month.

I have Blue and a hitch ordered. Do folks here know what will happen if I cancel these options in terms of my place in line and price ?

FYI/PSA

I just changed my order by removing the Blue color and hitch. Prices were updated according to my order date pricing then in effect.
I used

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
Switch out #### with your RN number
Yes, this has been the policy for a few months now. You can make config changes without changing the base price.

Also, it is very likely this isn’t the post for you to be asking timing related questions. So far only some Texas and Florida orders are coming from Austin. Being west of Texas, you are almost 100% certain to get a Fremont car.

Reactions: DrGriz
FYI/PSA

I just changed my order by removing the Blue color and hitch. Prices were updated according to my order date pricing then in effect.
I used

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
Switch out #### with your RN number
Thanks for this post. I was about to call in today to upgrade to P. Has your delivery date changed yet? I was reading it takes 24 hours.

Reactions: Daekwan
Yes, this has been the policy for a few months now. You can make config changes without changing the base price.

Also, it is very likely this isn’t the post for you to be asking timing related questions. So far only some Texas and Florida orders are coming from Austin. Being west of Texas, you are almost 100% certain to get a Fremont car.
and Georgia. Lots of Austin built MYLR showing up here the past week or so.

Does anyone know if LR Austin-made vehicles are coming with Matrix lights and new carpeted liners int he last couple of weeks? I have a delivery next week with a Vin Serial of 14XXX
I'm not sure about the carpeted liners, but my Austin-made LR does not have the Matrix headlights. It was built about six weeks ago. I do have the parcel shelf in the trunk. I also do not have the wood trim on the front doors. It seems like the lights and trim are exclusive to Fremont cars.

I'm not sure about the carpeted liners, but my Austin-made LR does not have the Matrix headlights. It was built about six weeks ago. I do have the parcel shelf in the trunk. I also do not have the wood trim on the front doors. It seems like the lights and trim are exclusive to Fremont cars.T

I'm not sure about the carpeted liners, but my Austin-made LR does not have the Matrix headlights. It was built about six weeks ago. I do have the parcel shelf in the trunk. I also do not have the wood trim on the front doors. It seems like the lights and trim are exclusive to Fremont cars.
That's a bummer. I bet they did this because they wanted to make Freemont customers feel better about their purchase since most people thought that the Austin-built cars were "better".

As far as I know, current Austin builds come with new door trims but without Matrix headlights.
My car from Austin was delivered 4 weeks ago, unfortunately was delivered with the old door trims. From what I saw, the new door trims started to ship just a week after my delivery. I have sent request to Tesla service if they can replace the door trims to a newer one, because it's like unfair to have an older spec. They replied, that they put the trim based on the spec of the car at the time of order placed (November 2021), and is not eligible for change.

As far as I know, current Austin builds come with new door trims but without Matrix headlights.
My car from Austin was delivered 4 weeks ago, unfortunately was delivered with the old door trims. From what I saw, the new door trims started to ship just a week after my delivery. I have sent request to Tesla service if they can replace the door trims to a newer one, because it's like unfair to have an older spec. They replied, that they put the trim based on the spec of the car at the time of order placed (November 2021), and is not eligible for change.
So anyone who bought a non matrix MY from Fremont should be able to request a free upgrade for any new parts since their order? Be realistic here. Tesla does rolling changes all the time and you get what you get. It has always been this way.