Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y May Soon Qualify for $5K Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I submitted a trade in last night.
Still waiting.

but a rep email me.

asking
Model I am interested
Timeline
Finance...etc...

Just make it up. No need to commit to anything.

I said Model Y
Sometime in Q3 or Q4
Dunno

With that said.. you dont even need to reply to that rep either. They aren't part of the quote process. They were just given your info by the system.

They low balled me hard on my Raven X. When i spoke with the rep he told me that they weren't valuing FSD at all...hopefully that's changed since Elon's tweet...

I submitted a quote request so let's see...
Careful.. there are many people here who will flame you for saying Tesla doesn't value FSD. I had several after i posted my ridiculously low offer.

You are correct, but be warned lol.

Careful.. there are many people here who will flame you for saying Tesla doesn't value FSD. I had several after i posted my ridiculously low offer.

You are correct, but be warned lol.

That's ok, people who flame me for repeating what my sales rep told me need to find better ways to spend their time.

I just got my 'new' trade in value, the value of my car has dropped $15k in just a few months since my last quote (where FSD was worth $0). Before sending me the number they called me to say they were using a new wholesaler and that I would be happy with the new number......

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3 and McFlurri
That's ok, people who flame me for repeating what my sales rep told me need to find better ways to spend their time.

I just got my 'new' trade in value, the value of my car has dropped $15k in just a few months since my last quote (where FSD was worth $0). Before sending me the number they called me to say they were using a new wholesaler and that I would be happy with the new number......
Yea.. wondering where they all are now? They jumped on me for saying Tesla doesn't care whether you have FSD or not. My trade in value dropped over $10,000 from December when now they supposedly factor in the value of FSD (they don't. I understand that's what Elon said.. but.. they don't).

Everyone is WAY better off selling privately. Don't let Tesla rip you off.

Yea.. wondering where they all are now? They jumped on me for saying Tesla doesn't care whether you have FSD or not. My trade in value dropped over $10,000 from December when now they supposedly factor in the value of FSD (they don't. I understand that's what Elon said.. but.. they don't).

Everyone is WAY better off selling privately. Don't let Tesla rip you off.

Agreed. The trade-in values have gone from laughable to downright insulting. I would actually prefer that they said "sorry, we don't have enough demand for your car so we can't make you a trade-in offer at this time" rather than "Your 18 month old flagship Tesla with no accidents and low mileage has depreciated 50%"

The used car market is keeping the values up, it's just unfortunate that you lose out on the tax savings.

Clearly defined:

To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:

• a vehicle with six seats or fewer, where the base model (trim) Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $45,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $55,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
Or

• a vehicle with seven seats or greater, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $55,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $60,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;

Clearly defined:

To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:

• a vehicle with six seats or fewer, where the base model (trim) Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $45,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $55,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
Or

• a vehicle with seven seats or greater, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $55,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $60,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
Clearly defined:

Or

We disagree with you because there is a way it will qualify. All Tesla has to do is do the exact same thing they have already done with the Model 3. Simply make a "Canadian Version" under $45,000.

Done.

Now it will qualify.

We disagree with you because there is a way it will qualify. All Tesla has to do is do the exact same thing they have already done with the Model 3. Simply make a "Canadian Version" under $45,000.

Done.

Now it will qualify.

The "crippled" 55K version would have to be the 7 seat version and then the 7 seat option would have to be included on any model up to 60K to qualify for the rebate.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
The "crippled" 55K version would have to be the 7 seat version and then the 7 seat option would have to be included on any model up to 60K to qualify for the rebate.
no.. it wouldn't. It's literally the exact same situation as the Model 3.

So long as Tesla makes a Canadian version of the Model Y priced under $45,000 (say... 250km range), then so long as the Standard range Model Y is under $55,000 before destination and delivery fee are factored in (which is why it's priced the way it is now), then the vehicle will qualify.

It's the first bullet point.