Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - No VIN, Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?

Reactions: cancoi and Tesslady
Mine said Sept too and I also ordered a 7seater! So frustrating but I'm sure it's a glitch
Yup. Ordered my Y LR 7 seater on May 17. Got June delivery dates, then July and August, then Sept, then June 27-30 which is pretty specific, then back to Sept. I give up. I have no idea what to believe. I’d like to schedule PPF and window tinting but have no confidence in any delivery date windows Tesla provides. This is not Spacex rocket science. A little communication from Tesla would be nice but they prefer to keep the Tesla Cult guessing. No vin so I’m not putting the pickup date on my calendar yet.

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0
Ordered MYLR on 5/14. At first it said 4-11 weeks, then it gave me a date range of between 6/18 and 6/30. That started ticking up on the beginning date only...as of this AM it was 6/24-6/30. Just got an email asking me to approve the lease agreement, and when I logged on I had a VIN! Still says 6/24-6/30 so I reached out to the salesperson who helped me. Fingers crossed!
Good for you we have ordered April 16 long range got pushed to August and today to September

Upvote 0
Sounds good. Let us know what they say please.
Sounds good. Let us know what they say please.
Just left Tesla Smithtown since my Advisor doesn’t answer my emails anymore. Turns out she no longer works on that team anymore. He did say that my delivery date is for July 08 to the 28th and it’s not September. He did say it shows that my MY should be delivered on July 18 but he did give me some type of hope that if someone does fall through or wants to hold off on the Tesla and have the same specs as me I can get it sooner. He said they have been getting 10 cars a day and 40 cars going out.

Upvote 0
Just left Tesla Smithtown since my Advisor doesn’t answer my emails anymore. Turns out she no longer works on that team anymore. He did say that my delivery date is for July 08 to the 28th and it’s not September. He did say it shows that my MY should be delivered on July 18 but he did give me some type of hope that if someone does fall through or wants to hold off on the Tesla and have the same specs as me I can get it sooner. He said they have been getting 10 cars a day and 40 cars going out.
My EDD went back to 7/2-22 this morning. For 2 days it's said Sept. My advisor also said that it showed the build would be July 10th and I should get a VIN and delivery a couple of days after that. I was hoping for June and I haven't given up. You'd think Tesla would want their numbers as high as they can be for the end of quarter...

Reactions: TessieFamily7
Upvote 0
My EDD went back to 7/2-22 this morning. For 2 days it's said Sept. My advisor also said that it showed the build would be July 10th and I should get a VIN and delivery a couple of days after that. I was hoping for June and I haven't given up. You'd think Tesla would want their numbers as high as they can be for the end of quarter...
Me too! I’m also still hoping for a June delivery.

Upvote 0
Just got this email. Not sure why because I'm not paying cash and I've already completed my tasks. I looked at the account and no Vin. I emailed my SA, let's see what he says.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-054318_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210618-054318_Gmail.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0
Yeah my date changed to July 08-July 28 yesterday it changed back to September now today it is July 13-8/2. I’m ignoring it at this point since I spoke with a SA and he said my vehicle will be shipped on the 18th of July but we are both hoping for sooner.
Its so back and forth my date changed again from september to august now I am so lost to be honest. Some people who ordered right when I did they got dates of like june which makes no sense

Upvote 0
Its so back and forth my date changed again from september to august now I am so lost to be honest. Some people who ordered right when I did they got dates of like june which makes no sense
When did you order ? Have you spoke to your advisor or anyone at the location it will be delivered to ? Here in ny everyone who ordered before 4/25 will receive their Tesla in June.

Upvote 0