Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - No VIN, Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?

Reactions: cancoi and Tesslady
I gave up. =P.

I wanted a MYLR 5 seater with Red Exterior and White Interior. Dates kept extending over a month. After the change pushed it to 2 months,
I started looking at existing inventory and found a MYLR 7 seater with Red Exterior and White Interior. Took it and am now enjoying it.

But yea, Tesla quality control is exactly what I expected. As-in I'm sending it to the Service Center on May 13 for them to fix cosmetic blemishes.

Reactions: swheat6345
Upvote 0
Hey all! I’m new here! I have been so anxious about my model Y and just cannot wait haha.

I ordered my pearl white LR AWD MY, no tow, 7 seats, w/ white interior on March 28th and still have yet to receive a VIN.
Initially the delivery date range was April 27 - May 17 and I cannot even tell you how many times this has been pushed back further and further almost everyday - sometimes it would change multiple times a day.

Current ETA is May 19 - June 5

When I had first placed my order it was a range of 1-10 weeks, so yes it is in the time frame still but gahhh it’s killing me lol.

I know the range of delivery can change etc. and I know some people have gotten a VIN within a few days but also within a few weeks. How long did you wait for your VIN? I’m thinking it’s taking much longer because I ordered a 7 seater. What do you think?
I ordered my SR MY on 2/10, pretty sure I had a VIN within a day or two and took delivery on 2/26 (originally scheduled for 2/25).

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new here and I am just curious on how were you able to see your assigned VIN. Ordered our Tesla Model Y LR with FSD white exterior with white interior on 4/17/21. Today our estimated delivery date is showing 5/6/21-5/22/21 but I don't see the VIN in our account page. Did anyone from Tesla emailed or txt you your VIN?

Here is the movement of Estimated delivery date in our account as of today:

Date OrderedAssigned Delivery DateDate Assigned
4/17/2021​
05/10/21-05/30/21
4/19/2021​
05/16/21-06/05/21
4/20/2021​
05/17/21-06/06/21
4/22/21​
05/30/21-06/19/21
4/24/21​
05/17/21-6/6/21
4/25/21​
05/11/21-05/31/21
4/29/21​
05/16/21-06/05/21
4/30/21​
05/10/21-05/30/21
5/4/21​
05/06/21-05/22/21
5/5/21​

Upvote 0
I gave up. =P.

I wanted a MYLR 5 seater with Red Exterior and White Interior. Dates kept extending over a month. After the change pushed it to 2 months,
I started looking at existing inventory and found a MYLR 7 seater with Red Exterior and White Interior. Took it and am now enjoying it.

But yea, Tesla quality control is exactly what I expected. As-in I'm sending it to the Service Center on May 13 for them to fix cosmetic blemishes.
Gahhh I am so jealous lol I’m glad you’re enjoying your MY!

I’ll start keeping an eye out for existing inventory. Thanks for sharing! :)

As of last night my estimated time frame has disappeared again and again still no VIN. LOL it’s driving me crazy. I just want to enjoy my MY hahah

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new here and I am just curious on how were you able to see your assigned VIN. Ordered our Tesla Model Y LR with FSD white exterior with white interior on 4/17/21. Today our estimated delivery date is showing 5/6/21-5/22/21 but I don't see the VIN in our account page. Did anyone from Tesla emailed or txt you your VIN?

Here is the movement of Estimated delivery date in our account as of today:

Date OrderedAssigned Delivery DateDate Assigned
4/17/2021​
05/10/21-05/30/21
4/19/2021​
05/16/21-06/05/21
4/20/2021​
05/17/21-06/06/21
4/22/21​
05/30/21-06/19/21
4/24/21​
05/17/21-6/6/21
4/25/21​
05/11/21-05/31/21
4/29/21​
05/16/21-06/05/21
4/30/21​
05/10/21-05/30/21
5/4/21​
05/06/21-05/22/21
5/5/21​
You will see a VIN when they assign one to you. Until then the delivery date is just an estimate of when they will assign a VIN not when you will get the car.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

New here!

I ordered my LNG Range 7 seater white on white MY on April 9. Currently waiting for VIN and delivery day.
First mybestimated delivery day was June 1 to June 30, then last week June 10 - June 30 and today, June 16 - June 30. 😩

I'm so anxious!!!! I guess I'm not The only one. Thank you for creating this post that way I don't feel alone on this. Lol 😆

Reactions: Tesslady
Upvote 0
Just joined the forum after lurking for a while ;) in hopes of estimating when we will get a VIN assigned.
Ordered MYLR / MSM, 5 seater, black, induction wheels, no tow, FSD on May 9. Checklist done, online account gives me an estimated 5-12 weeks. Maaaybe my car will be part of the June EOQ blitz I keep hearing about? Fingers crossed. Will eventually accept delivery in Charlotte.

Upvote 0
I ordered my LNG Range MY on 4/12/2021 Checklist all done no delivery date. Waiting game is killing me. Sold all my cars for this.
Same here. I ordered my MYLR two weeks ago. Nothing. My SA has left so no one to call. I asked for quote on trade-in, which has been sitting in limbo. I wonder if that's the hold up. Or, as I've read in this Forum, I wonder if Tesla is waiting closer to end of quarter to deliver? Any suggestions? Or should I just be patient? Tx for input....... Chip

Upvote 0
Same here. I ordered my MYLR two weeks ago. Nothing. My SA has left so no one to call. I asked for quote on trade-in, which has been sitting in limbo. I wonder if that's the hold up. Or, as I've read in this Forum, I wonder if Tesla is waiting closer to end of quarter to deliver? Any suggestions? Or should I just be patient? Tx for input....... Chip

SA's have been hit or miss with whether or not they respond and then the quality of their response. Summarizing what I've read in other threads, your trade-in is not holding anything up. No one has taken delivery or been assigned a VIN for several weeks. The reason is likely either waiting on a firmware update that must be done at a SC or waiting for a component that must be installed first (my gut says it's the former).

I've seen people with order dates in the first week of April that haven't taken delivery yet, so I'd bet you'd get yours in the middle of June. Not much you can do about it right now.

FWIW, Carmax offered $1200 more than Tesla for my 250k mile trade-in, and from what I've read that's about par for the course. It's much more convenient to ditch your car when you pick up your MY, but you'll likely get more money from Carmax, Carvana, a local dealership, etc.

Upvote 0
OK. So I called Tesla just now. WOW!! Rec'd offer on trade-in in 10 minutes. So now I guess I need to decide if now is the time to take delivery or wait. Comments, recommendations?

Upvote 0
OK. So I called Tesla just now. WOW!! Rec'd offer on trade-in in 10 minutes. So now I guess I need to decide if now is the time to take delivery or wait. Comments, recommendations?
Even if you do opt to take delivery now, you likely won't get a car delivered to you within the next week. Better to remove your hold and wait in line rather than not be in line at all.

Upvote 0
Hi All,
Ordered my MYLR on April 26th. In 1 week I got an estimate of May 19th - Jun 1 ... only for it to be pulled 2 days later and has been 4-9 weeks since.
Yesterday I got a text saying "This is the Tesla Delivery Team... good chance your car might come in this week." My Account showed "Prepare For Delivery" but no VIN. But still I was very hopeful.

This morning back to "4-9 weeks". Tried to call Advisor at 10:30am. "Tesla is closed - please leave a voicemail"
I'm guessing (hoping) there's some big fix / update going on and everyone is busy.

Thoughts on whether I should hold out any hope on that text or was that just an automated fluke - or worse there was a car potentially available and now it isn't?

Upvote 0