Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y order page now open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know if they had one, keen to check it out

They had one, staff said first they knew it was coming was when they came into work at 8am and it was in the showroom.

Attachments

• 20220610_131740.jpg
    20220610_131740.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 58
Your config is slightly different to us, we get the LR and P, although only LR have been delivered so far. You can look at the configurator html and it tells you the internal codes, from that you can pretty much work out batteries etc if you're into that type of thing:

The RWD looks to have the BTF1 battery which is the 60kwh LFP thats been in later M3 RWD cars.
The MYP seems to have the BT43 battery (E5LD made, 78.8kWh by LG) which we have in out LR cars.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, towbars here are retro fit and we've only just been given the option to include it at order time for the same price. It's unknown if they actually fit them at the factory or just fit them before collection. This seems to be common around the world. You can also add the tow hitch to the MYP which was not something you could do with the M3P, at least not here. It's not showing as an option in Australia, nor in the Tesla shop, but I'd be really surprised if that stayed like it.

We've double pained glass front and back, and no rear cargo cover. Thats started to appear in Texas and Berlin but so far not on China built cars - we will know in a weeks time whether the next batch has them.

I personally have a MY and I'm 6'3" and the MY has a lot more room in the back than the M3 and the MS for that matter, I can actually travel in the back of a MY. I'm relatively comfortable. The rear seats can be reclined slightly which also changes the feeling of space, some prefer the upright position where I prefer the slightly reclined position.

If your cousins from Blighty can help, please ask as we've had them for a 4 months now.

Last edited: