Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y parking between lines without cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amid this FSD rollback chaos, I’d like to share that our cars should now park in between lines, without cars in between! I

What build version? I saw it in the FSD beta videos but its not clear if its in any non FSD beta builds such as our 2021.36.5 build. Some in UK have noticed different behaviour of auto park in UK .36.5.x builds but no one yet reported trying to park within lines.

What build version? I saw it in the FSD beta videos but its not clear if its in any non FSD beta builds such as our 2021.36.5 build. Some in UK have noticed different behaviour of auto park in UK .36.5.x builds but no one yet reported trying to park within lines.
It's in the release notes for 2021.36.5 but I'm not familiar what restrictions the UK cars have

Reactions: helvio
There shouldn't be any restriction in UK as other cars on sale here manage the same feat.

When we got 2021.36.5 in our Model 3 (from 2021.32.21), we only got Mobile App Improvements so not even a mention of the wiper changes that seemed to be standard enhancement. So not really sure what is going on with the release notes. They seem very selective with what they show at the moment.

And no one has mentioned the improvements in their release notes here in UK, yet some are seeing different auto park behaviour, such as being offered spaces that they had never been offered before.

So not really sure what is going on with release notes or auto park functionality. I wonder if its an incremental change but not full vision - maybe something different with our spaces like being much smaller...

I might have a chance to test reversing into supercharger space today, but not sure if that is well marked. I'll see if it offers auto park. These superchargers very rarely have another car at them so we should have the pick of them all.

I still have 10.2, so I guess I don’t have this yet!

but I have trouble getting my Tesla to recognize parking spaces even when there’s two cars on either side! I wish I could get it to detect them more reliably
that method is hacky and unreliable. So far I've had 100% success rate with lines. granted, I've only attempted twice, but one was night and one was day. Good times!

A new behavior I've noticed is AutoPark can cross over the line while parking. This means forward/back adjustments no longer stick the vehicle out as much into the aisle travel area.

Unclear if this is newly programmed behavior or not really observable before as previously adjacent vehicles would be too close on each side to do this maneuver.

How about Summon? Anybody trying it? Is it no longer limited to parking lots?
The irony is that I'd only be brave enough to test it ... in a parking lot.
Summon is still same legacy stack as non Beta. Only thing added to the FSD Beta stack was perpendicular parking. Likely highway (NOA) driving to be added to the FSD Beta stack next. Parking lots (Summon) are probably a little after that.

Kinda odd that parallel parking was't added with perpendicular.

Summon is still same legacy stack as non Beta. Only thing added to the FSD Beta stack was perpendicular parking. Likely highway (NOA) driving to be added to the FSD Beta stack next. Parking lots (Summon) are probably a little after that.

There are (usually) no lines when parallel parking, so the only thing to go on is other cars. Even though it could use vision, there wouldn’t be as much of a benefit.

Summon is only allowed on private lots/roads. My home development is considered private roads, so I can navigate around it with Summon. So it's not strictly parking lots only.

Summon is only allowed on private lots/roads. My home development is considered private roads, so I can navigate around it with Summon. So it's not strictly parking lots only.
Was using "parking lots" as generic term. Fully understand and have used on other lots and private drives that were not technically parking lots.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.16.52 AM.png

Reactions: helvio