TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y price outdated

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Keith909man, Jun 12, 2019.

1. SoGA Fan Club

SoGA Fan Club Supporting Member

Lol. A guy in the investment thread said last night at 8pm that there's no way Tesla will need to lower prices again. 15 minutes later, Reuters reported Tesla was lowering prices across the board.

Their reputation for being late is why they intentionally gave a very conservative date. Not to mention they didn't want to cannibalize model 3 sales.

But, it's my guess - obviously I have no idea.

2. spurs10

spurs10 Member

For current model 3 owner
    Are you guys going to get it right away like model 3 first came out
    Or wait it out a little bit first?

3. GenSao

GenSao Member

We will wait. Want to wait for Tesla to work out the kinks. The federal tax credit will have expired and will wait for HW 4.0 currently under development.

We also like to spread out our auto purchases. For a two car family, ideally a new car every 5 years with keeping a car for 10 years.

The Model Y is tempting us to push up our replacement cycle. =)

• Like x 1
  4. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Member

I preordered a Model Y but I want to get the Towing option, which is not yet mentioned..
    This will be one of my criterias for making a final order.
    I wonder if I will be able to keep my reservation or if I may have to cancel it and order again at a later time?

• Like x 1
  5. scubastevo80

scubastevo80 Member

Waiting until they run through their first round of demand and offer some form of quarter end discount. After getting in early on the 3 and seeing them lower prices, I don't see any benefit of being an early adopter here.

• Like x 1
  6. spurs10

spurs10 Member

That’s exactly how I feel
    still remember checking for VIN everyday and non existed customer service
    but I assume model Y initial demand should last way longer than the 3

7. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Just notice today that the pricing finally adjusted to match their new pricing scheme

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. TDFW

TDFW Member

wow...its about 4k cheaper now.....with the white color and autopilot included

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. reardencode

reardencode Member

Edit design button doesn't work, is that just me?

10. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

Same here. Probably just a bug in the website code.

• Helpful x 1
  11. scubastevo80

scubastevo80 Member

Just noticed the 7 seat interior option is not available until 2021 for those that were interested in that.

12. reardencode

reardencode Member

It's always said that

• Like x 1
  13. vickh

vickh Active Member

how about SR w/ 7 seat interior option? even longer?

14. 11thIndian

11thIndian Member

Both SR/SR+ and 7 seat configurations aren't due until 2021. How exactly the rollout of those specific options will occur is unknown.

15. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

I looked on the Model Y page and saw that it now comes with basic autopilot, and FSD is $6,000. This is $2,000 LESS than what I paid for both EAP and FSD with my Model 3. Has it always been this way with Model Y?

I just speced a white Dual Motor Long Range Model Y with 19" Sport wheels, black interior and FSD for the exact same price that I paid for my blue Dual Motor Long Range Model 3 with 18" aero wheels, black interior and FSD. Am I missing something? That's crazy! I thought a comparably equipped Model Y would be at least 5K more.

Dan

16. Robocheme

Robocheme Member

My configuration (pearl white, LR RWD with AP and FSD) just dropped from 58K to 54K!! Now if only that edit design button would work.

• Like x 1
  17. GenSao

GenSao Member

#37 GenSao, Aug 16, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM
    Dan,

I have been tracking the changes of the base price of the Model Y (among the S, 3, & X). The Base price of the the Model Y trims remains the same since the $1,000 price increase on 3/21/2019. It happens to be the various base price changes to the model 3 trims and the included $3,000 AP option make the Y's final price much better.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (5).png

Edit: I have not charted the Model Y as the base price is stable: LR-RWD $48K, LR-AWD $52K, LR-AWD-P $61K.

18. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Member

#38 Watts_Up, Aug 16, 2019 at 12:03 PM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 12:51 PM
    Same problem, after login to my account the editing link "https :// www. tesla. com/ teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX" is not working.

Note: There is a $4,000 drop from my order 3 months ago:

$ 2,000 .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
    $ 3,000 ........... Autopilot
    $ 5,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
    ------------------------------------------------------
    $10,000 .......... May 2019

Included .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
    Included ........... Autopilot
    $ 6,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
    ------------------------------------------------------
    $ 6,000 .......... August 2019

Should I make a new reservation to take advantage of the current $6,000 which might change to $7,000 August 16?

One issue anyway is to get the Towing option, which is not (yet) listed and one of the reasons for replacing my Model 3 with a Model Y

19. lazybot

lazybot Member

Model Y base price of $48K did not change. The biggest change is that AP is now included in the base price (I think it was a $3k option before). Also the prices of the color options have changed to match model 3 making pearl white $2k? cheaper than before and my choice of blue $500 cheaper now. I wonder if Tesla will discount existing orders to match the price changes or if we would need to cancel and reorder to get the new options and pricing.

20. GenSao

GenSao Member

I would wait. Don't lose your place in line (so to speak). Tesla will likely update your order details to match the current option pricing in the coming weeks. There will be other price adjustments until you are given the final option to adjust your order prior to build (mid 2020).