Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just cut the Model Y price by $3,000. Does anyone know whether those of us with orders in will have to cancel and re-enter to get the new price?
I just purchased Model Y at Tesla Westmont in Illinois. I saw price reduction and inquired. I had to cancel order. Then placed new order with same specs and chose Westmont location for delivery. Bank had to redo loan. I got lucky I was reading news on my way here. Saved $3000.

We took delivery last week, our third Tesla after selling our M3 to Carvana, and contemplated returning based on some bad panel gaps and paint on two interior panels that someone attempted to scrub off permanently damaging.

But Thursday came and left so we’re hoping repairs are done in one trip but not crying a river over price reduction. TSLA will go up again. Their competition couldn’t even compete at previous MSRP. And look what Ford buyers are looking at Ford dealers are marking up Mustang Mach-E by as much as $15,000 - Electrek

Tesla has been aggressively trying to get me to take delivery of a Y over the past week with multiple texts and calls. It makes me wonder what the demand is like coupled with this price drop.

I think having to reorder and paying higher FSD is kind of stupid. Why pressure people to order early and lock in FSD pricing if there was no benefit to doing so.

Let's not try to compare Tesla's sales model with traditional car manufacturers and their dealer networks.

every new "hot" car gets marked up over MSRP by the dealers; that's a given and the ones who want to be first on the block to be seen in the hot new car pay the price. The Mach-E will be no exception, but the doesn't mean that the MY is suddenly worth more and Tesla can now raise the asking price again (after just reducing it by 3k on the LR). Once the hype dies down, Ford dealers will have to sell the car as they do all their cars, and that means below MSRP. It might take a year, so dealers will do their best to take advantage of the situation, but it's inevitable that they'll be dealing from invoice price and holdback, and not msrp at some point.

Toyota dealers were asking 100k for the first couple of Supras. I have yet to see a Supra on the streets, and I now see them sitting in dealer showrooms with the no "market adjustment" price on the window. When the new NSX came out, dealers demanded over sticker. That car couldn't be given away and Acura ended up having to offer some crazy incentives to move them out of the showrooms, and now they only build them to order instead of stocking them in inventory just so they don't rot in a parking lot.

Anyway, the MY price adjustment is a good thing, and likely done so Tesla can move more units since it would seem demand isn't what was expected, and some of that I'm sure is due to covid.

I put my delivery on hold because of the shoddy workmanship and paint. Thankfully that has saved me 3k dollars.

So I ordered on July 4th.

filled up the complete application with the financing part. LR AWD Red/ White interior.

saw the price drop today. Still don’t have a VIN number. Do I need to cancel the order and reorder again?

Super curious. Saw a lot of people on this thread say that they will honor the price and reduce the $3k.