Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
The Model Y production timeline has been moved up from fall 2020 to spring, Tesla said in its Q3 update. Tesla hoped that by sharing the same platform as the Model 3, the Model Y crossover SUV would have an advantage when time to go to production. The Model Y shares about 70 percent of...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/10/23/model-y-production-expected-to-start-in-spring-2020/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

MyMai

Jul 16, 2019
Bayarea
Pick up Y in fall will be least of concern if you pre-order now, initial patch was estimated to be 4000-5000. there are definitely more people that pre-ordered earlier waiting to get their new ride than Tesla can supply in first a few month. you will be lucky to receive delivery in first half year. plus the sale representative usually allow you to set time frame to take delivery when you have your order number assigned.

Sep 10, 2017
Outside
Yeah, so how does this work? I ordered a LR AWD Y on 9.20.19. I’m in no real hurry to take delivery (late 2020 is fine with me), but I have a car I either have to trade in, sell back to Volvo or Carmax, ect. It will be interesting for sure.

KSilver2000

Dec 23, 2017
CA
I think everyone is correct. Tesla website says production beginning in Spring. And, it was said yesterday that Model Y is expected to reach 1,000/week by summer. So, it will be a slow production early on (though not as slow as prior model releases). And with Tesla time, I wouldn't expect meaningful quantities until around Fall/Winter.

mhcrowder

May 15, 2019
North Carolina
So, when does everyone think the web page will be updated to include any of the missing items? Tow Hitch, etc? Until I we get a "confirmed" tow rating for the MY, I'm holding off ordering.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
I think everyone is correct. Tesla website says production beginning in Spring. And, it was said yesterday that Model Y is expected to reach 1,000/week by summer. So, it will be a slow production early on (though not as slow as prior model releases). And with Tesla time, I wouldn't expect meaningful quantities until around Fall/Winter.

and maybe if we get lucky a new tax credit after elections by the time SR is released

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC