Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wondered if anyone has some thoughts on the Kumho tires our cars got. I wonder if they're exclusive to Canada for some reason. All the Shanghai cars I've seen in overseas photos like the one here, have Hankook tires. Looking closely at the Kumhos in person, I noticed they have a treadwear rating of 500 instead of the 400 found on other Tesla tires which should be a bonus considering how expensive they are. Sounds like drivers are happy with the Kumhos so far.

I just wondered if anyone has some thoughts on the Kumho tires our cars got. I wonder if they're exclusive to Canada for some reason. All the Shanghai cars I've seen in overseas photos like the one here, have Hankook tires. Looking closely at the Kumhos in person, I noticed they have a treadwear rating of 500 instead of the 400 found on other Tesla tires which should be a bonus considering how expensive they are. Sounds like drivers are happy with the Kumhos so far.
Had kumho all season on my previous car and was very impressed with them..even in the snow where great

I ordered a RWD Y, and get to pick it up Friday. I'm interested to see if there's a noticeable difference in regenerative breaking between my M3LR, and the RWD model Y. I've pretty much timed where I need to take my foot off the accelerator to stop in time. I'll have a 400km drive home with it too, so I'm sure I'll get familiar with it quickly.

Congrats! Just out of curiosity, when did you order?
MYSR /White/Black int/19" / with Tow - Toronto
OD: 23 April 2023
EDD1: May-July
EDD2: June11-June30
EDD3: June 20- June 30
I contacted tesla yesterday asking for a delivery update and they said my car is planned to arrive at their location on June 29.
I placed my order 2 days after the RWD option became available on tesla's website on April 23.
This will be my 1st Tesla. It will be replacing our Dodge Caravan that we've had for 10 years.
I also have a 2017 Ioniq Electric, which I am still very happy with. Zero battery degradation so far. I've had the ioniq for over 6 years now and when driving I'm constantly playing with the steering wheel paddles that change the strength of the regenerative braking. I like being able to coast or slow down with different regen braking strength and not touch any foot peddle. I understand that with Tesla the regen braking is set to a constant strength that you cannot change and also can not 'coast' unless you have your foot on the accelerator pedal at just the right spot. Also that the brake pedal has nothing to do with the regenerative braking, that the brake pedal is only for the normal friction brakes? Is that correct?
I've gotten use to the brake pedal engaging the regen brakes only, unless you slam hard on the brakes, then the friction brakes will engage as well. Being able to easily coast without regen is great for hypermiling since regen will never recapture 100% of the kinetic energy back into the battery.

Last edited:
MYSR /White/Black int/19" / with Tow - Toronto
OD: 23 April 2023
EDD1: May-July
EDD2: June11-June30
EDD3: June 20- June 30
I contacted tesla yesterday asking for a delivery update and they said my car is planned to arrive at their location on June 29.
I placed my order 2 days after the RWD option became available on tesla's website on April 23.
This will be my 1st Tesla. It will be replacing our Dodge Caravan that we've had for 10 years.
I also have a 2017 Ioniq Electric, which I am still very happy with. Zero battery degradation so far. I've had the ioniq for over 6 years now and when driving I'm constantly playing with the steering wheel paddles that change the strength of the regenerative braking. I like being able to coast or slow down with different regen braking strength and not touch any foot peddle. I understand that with Tesla the regen braking is set to a constant strength that you cannot change and also can not 'coast' unless you have your foot on the accelerator pedal at just the right spot. Also that the brake pedal has nothing to do with the regenerative braking, that the brake pedal is only for the normal friction brakes? Is that correct?
I've gotten use to the brake pedal engaging the regen brakes only, unless you slam hard on the brakes, then the friction brakes will engage as well. Being able to easily coast without regen is great for hypermiling since regen will never recapture 100% of the kinetic energy back into the battery.
Awesome, thanks for this! I'm guessing your vehicle was on the second shipment. I have a similar EDD history to yours. Was hoping that the car might be available next week, but I'm guessing it'll be ready on the 30th when they push to have as many cars as possible off their lots by July 1.

As for the regen braking.. I thought that it was an adjustable setting but I could be wrong. It's also my first tesla and it wasn't something I dove into when test driving. I loved not having to use the brake though.

Any good GTA used car broker you guys used? my trade in offer expired and they lowered the trade in value by $2k. How do you guys sell the used car other than Clutch or canada drive
I was on the same boat, at the end I posted on Autotrader and got a lot of messages within the first 12 hours. Sold it to a dealership at the end and it's 3k more than what Tesla gave me + tax break.

I also only had 2 days to find people to buy (if there were no offer I would've traded in to Tesla), if you have more time you might be able to get even better value. Good luck!

Any good GTA used car broker you guys used? my trade in offer expired and they lowered the trade in value by $2k. How do you guys sell the used car other than Clutch or canada drive
You should try selling it yourself, it’s worth the hassle. As I mentioned before I received a trade in offer for 11.6k, so I listed my car and two days later had someone check the car out and they were ready to pay 17k.

Reactions: Sky liner
The hankook tire looks like *sugar* lol, it has almost no trends ??? i don’t have a professional opinion, but i looked at the hankook tire on my model y in china, it look like *sugar*

Anyone tracked how long it took for the first shipment to go from Vancouver to Montreal ?

The second ship landed about a week ago, so I was wondering if we could speculate how long it'll take for those vehicules to travel to us in Montreal.

After a few days of owning, I believe I have a good idea of the range you can get out of the RWD. Based on personal experience:

General usage:
- Montreal south shore (no city traffic)
- Day to day trips, 60-70% on highways (avoided rush hours)
- What I would call normal driving (not too aggressive, but also, not sleeping on the road)
- Based on my estimate, the range is about 250km

Range anxiety mode on:
- About 160 km on pretty level highways (no big changes in elevation)
- 23 degrees outside temp, sunny, AC set on 22.5
- Respected speed limit (100), autopilot on 80-90% of the time, so kept a steady speed
- Avoided accelerations and sudden breaks
- 42% battery usage (23kWh, 138 Wh/km)
- Based on my estimate, the range is about 390km
- The arrival estimate provided by Tesla was pretty spot on

After a few days of owning, I believe I have a good idea of the range you can get out of the RWD. Based on personal experience:

General usage:
- Montreal south shore (no city traffic)
- Day to day trips, 60-70% on highways (avoided rush hours)
- What I would call normal driving (not too aggressive, but also, not sleeping on the road)
- Based on my estimate, the range is about 250km

Range anxiety mode on:
- About 160 km on pretty level highways (no big changes in elevation)
- 23 degrees outside temp, sunny, AC set on 22.5
- Respected speed limit (100), autopilot on 80-90% of the time, so kept a steady speed
- Avoided accelerations and sudden breaks
- 42% battery usage (23kWh, 138 Wh/km)
- Based on my estimate, the range is about 390km
- The arrival estimate provided by Tesla was pretty spot on
That conforms to my experience with the M3 that the car will match the displayed range whilst cruising at ~100kph.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
Anyone tracked how long it took for the first shipment to go from Vancouver to Montreal ?

The second ship landed about a week ago, so I was wondering if we could speculate how long it'll take for those vehicules to travel to us in Montreal.
From what I recall, Morning Caroline arrived on the 13th or 14th of May and I think the car arrived at St-Bruno on June 5th.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
Finally took delivery today. Had two small issues. One being a small scratch in the black window trim and the second was a stain in the driver door interior leather trim. I had to book a service appointment to get it fixed, otherwise everything went well.

Attachments

• IMG_2848.jpeg
    IMG_2848.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 57