Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's great to see these but people, please don't panic. EVERY car has TSBs on them. Its extremely common. Not only will there be TSBs but you'll have open recalls. This is not an indicator of quality. Its a reality of manufacturing. Tesla incorporates fixes for these into production as they go. Look at how many new cars are being built where the charge port sits flush for example. If your concerned, schedule an appointment in the app and ask them to see if any of the current TSBs apply to your VIN. They do this check anyways when a car is in for service but you can specifically ask them to do a check if it will help you sleep better.

Loose fasteners are a very common issue in manufacturing especially when humans are involved. All it takes is one day of work with a bad torque wrench and the operator just doing their job and you have a ton of parts out the door with a common issue. Recalls are there for safety critical issues, TSBs are there for issues that a manufacturer knows exist but are a non-critical safety issue and generally lower in volume. I wouldn't worry too much as every vehicle manufacturer has these issues.

My Ram 1500 just had a TSB come out for lose windshield wiper bolts, they checked and fixed them when I dropped it off for an oil change.

GM had injector covers that started on fire on the 3800 SII engine
Dodge had a diode fail in the alternator causing the battery to start on fire
Toyota had the run-away Prius

Untorqued caliper bolts IS a very serious safety issue especially when an untorqued bolt backs all the way out. The loose calipher can shift and rub against internal section of the rim causing it to crack/deteriorate while driving.

Reactions: mycroftxxx
Never got one. The only Fedex we received from Tesla was the title after it came back from the State. Any other way to find the date of manufacture?

Just wondering if it is listed on your title anywhere? I opened the FedEx envelope and found the certificate of origin in there, so the state probably has that if the envelope was mailed to them directly. Just a guess on my part. Hope you can find it!