Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Specific Software Bugs Tesla Needs to Fix

Have you experienced these software bugs on your Model Y?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These appear to be software bugs I've come across. Simple fixes I'm sure...

Coming from 2 Model S's, these issues were not present or were operationally much better than the Y.

Can't speak for M3's, so feel free to chime in.

I threw in excessive energy use. While this may not be a bug (having sentry running, cabin overheat protection, etc), I'd like everyone's thoughts.

I would like to see a 'Open Garage Door before leaving' option. Maybe have the door open when I get into my car, buckle up and go into Drive. Also, I'm scared to turn on 'close after leaving' because I'm scared it's going to close the garage door if I have to go out and come back in.

+1 on backup cam being dark. Although recently it looks better, not sure if that got changed in a recent update or if that is related to all the Christmas lights and it not being so dark at night lately.

And while not bugs per se, no UI is going to work for everybody.

1) If I could customize some of the UI, move around some elements and change their size/color, that would be much better for me. Not sure how much work that would be to implement, or if even possible. For example I would like to make the speed readout larger, move it to top left corner as much as possible, and perhaps have it change its color to reflect if going under or over speed limit. Make the battery indicator show remaining estimated distance + percentage.

2) Also adding Apple Carplay/Android Auto somehow, even if restrained to a portion of the screen and sand boxed. Seems ridiculous that this is not an option on a $70K car nowadays.

Reactions: NY_Rob
I would like to see a 'Open Garage Door before leaving' option. Maybe have the door open when I get into my car, buckle up and go into Drive.

If I am in the garage, put the car in drive (or reverse, depending on how I entered the garage), it should be apparent that the garage door is closed and the car should open it. Apart from this I really like the Homelink functionality.