Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the UK motoring press got to drive a LHD model a couple of month ago but you have to think they would supply a RHD vehicle for the public to test drive unless they only let you drive around the car parks at Thorpe Park ☺️
Agreed. Suspect it would end up stuffed into a roundabout/another car near Trafford Centre if it were LHD.
Cue speculation as to where a RHD Y will be sourced from. Presumably Shanghai.

All the UK motoring press got to drive a LHD model a couple of month ago but you have to think they would supply a RHD vehicle for the public to test drive unless they only let you drive around the car parks at Thorpe Park ☺️
When I test drove a Model S back in 2016 I was told that they had to use LHD cars for quite a long time before they had RHD cars for test drives.

Despite customers saying they were comfortable with driving a LHD car he said they were regularly replacing wing mirrors.

You’re not alone @UrbanSplash , I put down a deposit in the first hour and not had an email. I just tried to book one at Thorpe Park but there are none left ☹️. I had also asked to be notified when the model Y order book was open and still haven’t received that yet 🤷‍♂️.

I've had the email offer for a test drive and I have not ordered a Y so it looks like all Tesla owners will be offered the test drive.
if I were Tesla I would prioritise those who have not ordered. What is the point of offering test drives to those who have already ordered. Its not likely many will order a second one on the back of it. :)