Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the windows tinted in my Y, 25% 3M Ceramic. I noticed at home against a white wall that they're quite a bit more blue than the stock rear windows. Has anyone used 3M ceramic all the way around and found that they got a more consistent color tone? I'm wondering if I should switch to Crystalline (warmer tone) or just add some light tint to the rear windows to match the color tone... or just live with it (if my OCD will let me).

Images for context

Attachments

• IMG_4508.jpeg
    IMG_4508.jpeg
    848.3 KB · Views: 1,656
  • IMG_4513.jpeg
    IMG_4513.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 905
Just got the windows tinted in my Y, 25% 3M Ceramic. I noticed at home against a white wall that they're quite a bit more blue than the stock rear windows. Has anyone used 3M ceramic all the way around and found that they got a more consistent color tone? I'm wondering if I should switch to Crystalline (warmer tone) or just add some light tint to the rear windows to match the color tone... or just live with it (if my OCD will let me).

I went with Xpel XR Prime over 3M because the tinter said it was the best match for factory

70% All around and 35% Front Sides
PXL_20210917_220556182.jpg

Has anyone done 20% on the front windows? My installer has 20% and 35% only. Can’t decide. I’d like it to match the factory back window as close as possible.
I was originally going to do 25% all around. My installer suggested that I do 25% front and 35% rears. He suggested this because of the factory tint and allowing it to blend more vs being darker than the front. It is still sort of noticable, but I'm glad that I went the way I did.
My recommendation to you would be to do 25% front and 35% where the factory tint is.

MYLR
Front/Rear: 3M Ceramic IR 70%
Side Windows: 3M Ceramic IR 50%

Overall, it doesn't look too far off from stock. I wanted the heat rejection and looks was secondary. I compared this against 3M Crystalline and didn't love the brown'ish hue when it started to get under 50%, and the extra cost wasn't worth it to me.

IMG-3039.jpg
IMG-3041.jpg

MYLR
Front/Rear: 3M Ceramic IR 70%
Side Windows: 3M Ceramic IR 50%

Overall, it doesn't look too far off from stock. I wanted the heat rejection and looks was secondary. I compared this against 3M Crystalline and didn't love the brown'ish hue when it started to get under 50%, and the extra cost wasn't worth it to me.

View attachment 729053View attachment 729054
That's a good look. Is the windshield IR 70 too?

I'm probably going to go with Llumar Air 80 on the windshield, but I want to get a tint strip for the top 5 inches as well. Probably 20%.
I put up a temporary tint strip with the cheap 10 dollar static cling stuff from Advance Auto Parts and found it to be amazingly helpful. Tried 3", then increased to 5" and I think it is good. Might go 6" at most.

I'm not OCD about the color matching perfectly, but here's a helpful pic that compares 3M Ceramic IR ("CIR") vs 3M Crystalline ("CR") next to each other. I tried to watch a ton of Youtube videos of Ceramic vs Crystalline (was hard to find comparisons right next to each other) to see the difference, but this really shows it easily (blue vs brown hues). Apologies for the pic as it's not a perfect apples-apples comparison, but you get the idea.
IMG-2997.jpg

Reactions: Daekwan and Kenn014
Llumar IRX 15% Fronts, 30% Rears + Sunroof, Air 80 Windshield. White / White Interior so I had to go darker in the fronts.

I didn't take any photos of mine but the tint shop I did it with did and posted it.

Sounds like you went to Rodz Tint Shop because that's exactly the percentages they recommended, and that's what I did to mine, but I tinted the roof at 50%.

Adding 70% to the rear would have brought the rear down to around 20%. Then 20% on the front windows may have matched better but yours looks good. The front windows will always look a little lighter due to more light coming in from the windshield.

Model Y stock rear “tint” tests at 23%

this is 70% all rear windows and 20% front, 80% windshield
Adding 70% to the rear would have brought the rear down to around 20%. Then 20% on the front windows may have matched better but yours looks good. The front windows will always look a little lighter due to more light coming in from the windshield.

this is 70% all rear windows and 20% front, 80% windshield

this is 70% all rear windows and 20% front, 80% windshield View attachment 573268
What brand of wheel are these? As well as the size?