Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tint pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine back....50% windshield and 18% front. Cost $250 total ($150 windshield and $100 front windows). I would have gotten 25% front windows but they only had 18% or 35% and nothing in between. Its d

20200610_120645.jpg
20200610_120546(0).jpg

Got mine back....50% windshield and 18% front. Cost $250 total ($150 windshield and $100 front windows). I would have gotten 25% front windows but they only had 18% or 35% and nothing in between. Its d

50% front? Do you not drive much at night? I was debating on getting 70% which people say its mostly un-noticeable but have been hesitant due to the fact I wear polarized sun glasses and I don't want to see a ton of rainbows.

No, we don't drive much at night (work from home), and I tried it out at night and couldn't tell much if any difference between 50% and not having anything. Maybe I'll try it out again tonight, and drive my other car that has no tint on windshield and see if I can tell a big difference.

No, we don't drive much at night (work from home), and I tried it out at night and couldn't tell much if any difference between 50% and not having anything. Maybe I'll try it out again tonight, and drive my other car that has no tint on windshield and see if I can tell a big difference.

So comparing my two cars...I'm not seeing much difference with nighttime driving. I mean, outside lights are slightly dimmed, but I could only tell when hopping from one car to the next. While driving I didn't think "oh its so dark now in my tesla". Though...the tesla lights are brighter than my van (incandescent) so that helps.

So comparing my two cars...I'm not seeing much difference with nighttime driving. I mean, outside lights are slightly dimmed, but I could only tell when hopping from one car to the next. While driving I didn't think "oh its so dark now in my tesla". Though...the tesla lights are brighter than my van (incandescent) so that helps.

Curious, what actual tint (brand) did you get?

Look out from the inside with a sample over your glass, so you can see the difference, since you already have sample picture of tinted Y from outside.

My mobile tint guy did that. I picked 30% front side windows, 70% windshield, and 20% under stock roof glass tint. I did not tint the hatch and rear side windows.

Came out pretty good match. The shade by the 20% under the roof glass is good (just right amount of light but plenty shade to keep midday sun out).

View attachment 541913 View attachment 541914 View attachment 541915 View attachment 541916 View attachment 541917

did you have the calipers painted? Or did you swap out wheels?

In my opinion, you should go with 35% in the front and no darker. It will look nice with black interior. Keep in mind that if you have white interior, the 35% will look lighter from the outside looking in to the vehicle.

Reason I say go with the 35% is that it can be hard to see out the windows at night on roads that do not have much street lights. In my current car that has 35% tints, the only time I have trouble seeing out of them is when I am on a dark road, looking for a street to turn left on. I sometimes have to roll the window down.

In terms of 70% vs 35%, the 70% tint will not be much noticeable. I generally tint my front windows at 35% to try to have a more uniform look between my front and back windows.
Agree. Did mine as above and looks great!

Look out from the inside with a sample over your glass, so you can see the difference, since you already have sample picture of tinted Y from outside.

My mobile tint guy did that. I picked 30% front side windows, 70% windshield, and 20% under stock roof glass tint. I did not tint the hatch and rear side windows.

Came out pretty good match. The shade by the 20% under the roof glass is good (just right amount of light but plenty shade to keep midday sun out).

View attachment 541913 View attachment 541914 View attachment 541915 View attachment 541916 View attachment 541917

What wheels do you have here? Those look sick.